I'm new to the BBTour, can someone update me on information because obviously my Verizon Store didn't! What is this OS stuff everyone is talking about?
    05-27-10 08:39 AM
    I'm new to the BBTour, can someone update me on information because obviously my Verizon Store didn't! What is this OS stuff everyone is talking about?
    os=operating system.
    05-27-10 08:44 AM
    Is it something you recommend me having or downloading to my phone? What exactly does it do?
    05-27-10 08:57 AM
    i would recommend reading the Blackberry 101 series on this site
    05-27-10 09:01 AM
    Is it something you recommend me having or downloading to my phone? What exactly does it do?
    The OS is the phones operating system. We talk so much about it on here because there are different versions, and some work better than others. If you don't have an OS on you're phone, than you have a very expensive paperweight. Think of your phone like a computer, You have the OS (probably windows). Without it, nothing works.
    05-27-10 09:10 AM
    How do I get it? I just got my phone yesterday. How do I know what works and which do you recommend? I've read alot about them and supposably Verizon's dont work too good. Can you help? Oh, and is it smart to do a battery pull everyday? I've already had a problem with my ringtone wanting to play whenever it wants, but should I pull my battery out everyday or so?
    05-27-10 09:28 AM
    How do I get it? I just got my phone yesterday. How do I know what works and which do you recommend? I've read alot about them and supposably Verizon's dont work too good. Can you help? Oh, and is it smart to do a battery pull everyday? I've already had a problem with my ringtone wanting to play whenever it wants, but should I pull my battery out everyday or so?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/we...-wants-467690/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/so...p-call-447088/
    05-27-10 09:40 AM
    Go to menu then options then advance options then wireless updates then follow the steps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 09:40 AM
    i have v5.0.0591 . is that good?
    05-27-10 09:47 AM
    That is the Verizon OS which many people believe it buggy - including that problem with it playing audio files (not only music) at the wrong time.

You can download the OS 5 from other carriers such as Sprint, MTS. Check out threads on how to download and install them.
    05-27-10 11:36 AM
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series
    will get you started with the basics.
    05-27-10 11:43 AM
    Okay thank you! and can you help me with my sound profiles? on my silent profile, i have ALL of my vibrations set to off and it still vibrates. and on my all alerts off, it still vibrates and my LED still flashes! it doesnt make sense!
    05-27-10 11:45 AM
    I find that having os on your blackberry is highly over-rated, I had it installed for a short time when I first got my Tour but kept getting all these phone calls and email messages, very distracting.

Once I removed os, I haven't had any problems with my BlackBerry, in fact I went as far has also remove the battery application located under the back panel of my BalckBerry so I wouln't be wasting electricity.

Only major issue I'm having now is that BrickBreaker isn't very responsive, the screen is all dark and I can't see were the little balls are.....

05-27-10 03:27 PM
    LOL@ removing the battery application to save electricity!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 03:34 PM
    THat is funny
    05-28-10 07:13 AM
    I find that having os on your blackberry is highly over-rated, I had it installed for a short time when I first got my Tour but kept getting all these phone calls and email messages, very distracting.

Once I removed os, I haven't had any problems with my BlackBerry, in fact I went as far has also remove the battery application located under the back panel of my BalckBerry so I wouln't be wasting electricity.

Only major issue I'm having now is that BrickBreaker isn't very responsive, the screen is all dark and I can't see were the little balls are.....

Still works in paperweight mode
    06-02-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD