I don't have it for my device.

What does it do? Is it worth the $1200 investment?

I know that I can't get mp3 email attachments w/ out it. I wonder what else I'm missing by not having it.

Help, anyone!?
    11-08-07 09:14 AM
    Enterprise Activation is the process by which you connect and configure your BlackBerry to your company's BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) wirelessly. Sets everything up for you.

Does your company have a BES, or is this a personal BlackBerry? It is also possible your company did not invest in a BES and simply uses the BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service), which does not use EA.
    11-08-07 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm beginning to understand this EA.

I'm an individual... So I guess my bb connects through BIS. B/c I don't have EA.

What are some of the benefits of EA...?
    - Do web pages & the like load faster?
    - Will it unlock features that aren't currently accessible? ETC....
    11-09-07 07:48 AM
    Benefit of BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) is EVERYTHING is wirelessly synced! It's brilliant...

Not sure about faster for web pages, since that's determined on your connection, i.e. Wi-fi, EDGE, EvDo, etc, etc. But, the restriction on BES is that the owner (your company, since they are the one's who normally have this) can restrict things, like application installs, websites that you can go to, etc, etc...
    11-09-07 08:03 AM
    Other than 100% wireless sync (which I am by no means discounting!), the primary benefits of BES are on the administrative side, am I right, Navi? Remote policy push, remote kill, restrictions on media card usage, mass storage mode, bluetooth, etc...

Hmm, that's kind of exactly what you just said, isn't it?
    11-09-07 09:56 AM
    rrrebo, you're spot on, and I love controlling what users can / can't do - LOL!
    11-09-07 10:10 AM
    Great. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-07 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD