Hey all, as my title says, I'm thinking about getting a black berry, this would be my very first one and wondering what would be a pretty neat phone to start off with. It doesn't have to be top of the line but something nice, easy to get to know as I break my way into the blackberry kingdom.

I tend to like touch phones but understand they may still be issues with the storm models and I have heard the Bold is pretty nice to have.

Thoughts for a newb?
    08-30-11 06:22 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    Also, either the all touch Torch 9860 (the GSM one)/9850 would be nice. If you prefer a keyboard and a touch screen, the 9900/(9930 CDMA) would be good. All depends on what you can try out at your carrier's store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mobibiz likes this.
    08-31-11 01:45 AM
    Lots from which to choose these days. Spend some time in the store playing with the different models. Maybe even consider buying a used phone from CraigsList. In that instance be sure to meet at the store to be sure the phone is not stolen and works. If you have friends with BB's ask their advice. The more you learn the better.

For my money the Torch and Bold lines are terrific phones. In my family the Curve is also appreciated.
    08-31-11 08:20 AM
    I'm thinking about getting a used model for my first go and then if I'm in love eventually upgrade that. Really heard awesome things about the Bold and FB marketplace has some people selling used ones in my country. Any advice on the storm 2 model for a starter BB?
    09-01-11 11:28 AM
    Make sure you read user reviews before buying any model. Some people love the Storm and others do not. But make your own decision. And make sure you get some bits of time to play with the phone in advance.
    09-01-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD