I just got a new Curve 8320 as a gift, but I wanna know if it's possible to use the BB with my current cell plan ? it`s a regular voice and data plan with Rogers and my previous phone is a HP Ipaq Smartphone.
    basically does switching to BB means I need to get a BB plan in order to use the phone, get email and use internet browsing ?

thanks,
    09-24-08 01:44 PM
    It really depends on your provider. Give them a call and see if they have a BB plan that works for you. Remember, you have to have a data plan or the Blackberry Enterprise Service (BES) in order to send and receive email.

BTW - Welcome to CB!!
    09-24-08 01:46 PM
    I already have a data plan, but I don't use any corporate email. i have gmail and aol. will I be able to get my mail from there accounts without using the BB service ?
    the thing is, the BB plans on Rogers are terrible. it would almost twice what I'm paying right now to get the same service.
    09-24-08 01:53 PM
    No you won't. That's what a BB data plan is for.
    09-24-08 01:55 PM
    so I just need to change my regular data plan to a BB data plan ? and if I do, can I get email from any domain (gmail, aol,yahoo, hotmail. et....) ?

also I see there are lots of 3rd party software like on windows mobile, will these work on wireless and edge even though they are not BB software ?
    09-24-08 02:14 PM
    so I just need to change my regular data plan to a BB data plan ? and if I do, can I get email from any domain (gmail, aol,yahoo, hotmail. et....) ?
    Correct. Welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-25-08 09:38 AM
    Once you get a bb plan(data) you will be able to do a lot more besides just email with your bb and remeber there are some things you might do that require txt messg. Plan so make sure you got what you need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 09:54 AM
    You are a Rogers customer, the good news is, Rogers has revised their personal use data plans. The old Robber Baron has seen the light.

Until recently, BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) came with a very limited amount of data. Going over the limit put you into the extremely high data rates.

Now, you can get a BlackBerry plan with enough data to ensure you never see an overage charge.

Until the end of this month, you can get 6 Gb of data and BIS for $30. Next month, the deal will include less data, but still plenty for anything thing but tethering use.

If you decide to go for it, BB6GBIS is the one you want.
    09-25-08 10:31 AM
    welcome to cb!
    09-25-08 11:03 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

09-25-08 12:14 PM
    Welcome to cb!

09-25-08 12:21 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-29-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD