i am thinking of using 8310 on grameenphone(bangladesh). my handset is unlocked and pin released. however grameenphone currently does not have the curve listed as one of their handset models on offer. this means i will have to buy their pearl to activate BIS.
    My question is once I do that, can i remove that handset and activate my curve 8310? I ask cause I am not sure if a network which does not have the curve on its list of handsets on offer will be able to activate an unlocked 3rd party curve. does bb limit the network to use only devices the provider offers and supports?

any input would be appreciated.
    08-22-08 03:39 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I have a similar situation with my carrier, they do not offer the Curve with UMA support, but they do offer a Pearl.

Once you have a working SIM card with the BlackBerry software enabled, you should be able to switch between devices and expect them both to work.

Maybe...
    08-22-08 09:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I have a similar situation with my carrier, they do not offer the Curve with UMA support, but they do offer a Pearl.

Once you have a working SIM card with the BlackBerry software enabled, you should be able to switch between devices and expect them both to work.

Maybe...
    Whats a UMA support?
    08-22-08 12:31 PM
    i am thinking of using 8310 on grameenphone(bangladesh). my handset is unlocked and pin released. however grameenphone currently does not have the curve listed as one of their handset models on offer. this means i will have to buy their pearl to activate BIS.
    My question is once I do that, can i remove that handset and activate my curve 8310? I ask cause I am not sure if a network which does not have the curve on its list of handsets on offer will be able to activate an unlocked 3rd party curve. does bb limit the network to use only devices the provider offers and supports?

any input would be appreciated.
    Not many inputs received..I guess no one really knows.
    08-24-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD