I am not a bb user ... yet. My main concern is that I will not be able to migrate all the information from my Palm to a bb. I have over 1,000 contacts in my address book not to mention daily appointment info well into 2008 which is not in Outlook. So is there anyone out there who can tell me if there is a way to transfer the data from my Palm to a bb? Thanks.
    01-11-08 12:42 AM
    Absolutely yes! Yes, yes.

Either transfer the data directly from the Palm to the BB using Desktop Manager's Switch Device Wizard, as I am almost positive the Palm is one device it will read from to transfer its data to the BB

Secondly, if the Palm will sync to MS Outlook, you can simply do that, and then sync Outlook to the BB.
    01-11-08 01:09 AM
    One query farther:
    I, too, am new to Blackberry (Verizon-Curve) and have NO need for MS-Outlook. I just want to migrate 10 years of Palm data from my Treo 700p to my new Curve. Blackberry desktop is just fine as my info backup vehicle, and no need for e-mail synchronization.

How do I accomplish this, since the Palm-to-Blackberry wizard doesn't seem to recognize that either device exists (both are USB connections), while individually they are both alive and well. Blackberry desktop sees the Curve, and Palm desktop sees the Treo. With BB migration software, both are "grayed out" and no migration can take place. Backed off to version 4.1 of the Palm desktop, as advised by others. Still same problem. If I can't get this migrated, then it's back to Verizon goes the Blackberry. Help! Ron in NC.
    11-01-08 03:24 PM
    Hello! Soon to be Newbie on the Storm, 10+ years on Palms going back to Palm iii, so I when I say my life is on that platform, I am not kidding. I've had a Palm longer than I have had kids and my son turns 10 this week!

I understand that it is possible to migrate data from Palm to BB (I've seen 2 methods discussed, the 'switch device' method and the Outlook sync method) My concern on moving to BB is this: I rely heavily on the Palm Desktop App on my PC to update and input data, contacts and calendar, as well as the Memos on Palm. With the Outlook sync to Palm then BB sync to Outlook, will the calendar and contacts data port cleanly, or will there be a lot of transmission 'clutter'? I can adjust to using Outlook calendar/contacts although I never have to date. Also, since I use the memo/tasks function with password prot. to store lots of other data (like confirmation numbers and even credit card and bank acct numbers) What tool or utility on BB can I turn to for that, and what security or password protections are available? Do I need to move all of them to Word docs and use Docs to go, or is there something on BB OS that is a counterpart to that? Lastly, can you create categories (work, home, family, etc) for defining contacts/calendar entries?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to convert - that Storm looks SWEET
    11-19-08 03:06 PM
    Hey Smh...

Just wanted to welcome you to the CB family!
    11-19-08 09:47 PM
    My bb device switch wizard jams on a calendar record while exporting from palm os (treo650) to bb desktop manager (bbbold). I've culled for some suspected records but have had no luck. I have the palm record number - Is there a way to identify the bad record? If not, I have outlook 2000 and have not been able to export from palm os to outlook 2000 as well. Second question is then, will outlook 2000 accept the palm os export or do I need to upgrade to outlook 2007?
    11-22-08 09:37 AM
    One query farther:

How do I accomplish this, since the Palm-to-Blackberry wizard doesn't seem to recognize that either device exists (both are USB connections), while individually they are both alive and well. Blackberry desktop sees the Curve, and Palm desktop sees the Treo. With BB migration software, both are "grayed out" and no migration can take place. Backed off to version 4.1 of the Palm desktop, as advised by others. Still same problem. If I can't get this migrated, then it's back to Verizon goes the Blackberry. Help! Ron in NC.

Ron-in-NC, did you get the wizard to work? I am having the same issue, the wizard does not recognize the Treo (in my case the 755P) and have not seen anything to address this issue. I tried to export the Palm desktop to Outlook 2007, but it's not a clean migration with alot of clean-up after. Other than that, I love my Storm.
    11-22-08 12:31 PM
    It's the same for me, using a Palm TX, the BB wizard does not recognize the Palm when connected. So far I have considered installing Outlook, import Palm data there, and hope the BB wizard will import it correctly to my Curve... way tedious!!
    11-22-08 01:48 PM
    11-22-08 06:03 PM
    11-24-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD