Ok, so I got my g/f an 8110 for her college graduation and i'm waiting on the Bold to come out to get mine. My question is...

What is the difference in Themes? Today, Zen and that other one?

What are the differencs? My g/f has her phone so i dont really get to mess with it to figure it out.

I searched but couldn't find answer.

Thanks in advance.
    06-12-08 10:51 PM
    Well, themes are just the way your icons are setup on your homescreen and how your phone looks in general.. Colours, etc. Have your girlfriend apply all the different themes and choose the one she likes best. Welcome to cb!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 10:55 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    06-12-08 11:06 PM
    welcome to the CB fam
    06-12-08 11:30 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't wait until i get my hands on the Bold. Im a total geek. So I know i'll have fun messing with the OS as soon as i get it.

I have a Viewty that i've bricked a few times and brought back to life. So i'll just keep the bold the way it is for awhile until i feel comfy messing with my first berry.
    06-13-08 02:12 AM
    Today shows up like windows mobile. It shows a list of messages, missed calls, appointments.

The other two I'm taking a guess...

Zen uses the whole screen. Also depending on the type of Zen theme, it shows a quick launch for 5-10 icons in which you can then click the menu key to see all the icons. I have a L theme that aligns 10 icons in a L shape. The first 10 icons when viewing all my icons are the quick launch icons.

Icon... I don't think it uses the whole screen and shows all your icons on the screen.

I delete the today and icon themes and only kept the Zen as you need to keep this on the device. If you delete it, when your phone restarts, it may be black and white icons and some icons may not even look like they should (the BB messenger icon may look like a dot or something)
    06-13-08 02:46 AM
    Thanks, yea that is what i was looking for. So mainly when you download themes, it's for the Zen theme then.
    06-13-08 02:52 AM
    Also welcome to the madness, you and your g/f.
    06-13-08 02:58 AM
    Thanks, yea that is what i was looking for. So mainly when you download themes, it's for the Zen theme then.
    Pretty much.

A lot of themes, majority of themes run off the zen theme.
    06-13-08 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD