So, I am in the process of getting a new cellphone. My carrier is Sprint. I would really like to buy a blackberry (new), if not used in very good condition. However, I am torn as to which should be my first black berry. I really enjoying texting, and Call quality. Those are the 2 majors. Camera, mp3 player, video player, are optional. I was thinking on maybe the 8703e. My bosses all have one, seems nice, somewhat big though. I will be carrying my phone in my pant pocket. I hear great things about the Curve. Please recommend me pros n cons of the phone you recommend.

I hate my current phone, samsung slider for sprint, it drops calls daily.

My budget is about $150ish At most. If a black berry seem to expensive, any other phone you recommend?

Thanks again guys and gals!
    11-22-08 12:57 AM
    Hi murdoc, I have the 8330 Curve w/Alltel. This is my 1st BB & I really enjoy the heck out of it. It does just about everything except the dishes. I don't know anything about the 8703e, sorry. Perhaps someone will be able to ans that ? For you. Good luck & welcome aboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 01:56 AM
    Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it. I hope you all can help and provide Advice/suggestions.
    11-22-08 02:04 AM
    I have the 8310 Curve through AT&T and love it. It's sized right, has a full QWERTY keyboard and call quality is better than any regular cell phone I have ever owned. My wife loves hers as well... so much so that she convinced her boss to upgrade her cheap Sprint phone to an 8330 Curve through Sprint.
    11-22-08 02:15 AM
    I'm a Sprint user myself and I have the Curve. Right now it's the best BB on Sprint's line-up... go with it and you will be happy. Another good reason to go with the Curve is the price. 99 bucks with a new 2 year contract! If you're going to buy a blackberry don't buy an old model when you can get the newer model that's much better in every way. And other than the new 8350i with direct connect that's being released on Sprint in early December, I don't know of any new Blackberries coming to Sprint anytime soon...
    the 8350i is iDen (Nextel) only and not cdma so it's not a hybrid like I was really hoping for
    11-22-08 02:16 AM
    I am not up for a 2 yr renewal. I wish ....So i will be buying a phone w/o contract. Which the curve would cost upwards of $400
    11-22-08 02:17 AM
    I have sprint with the Curve 8330. Only had it for a week but its great. So easy to use, txting is fantastic data runs great, emails come within 10min of hitting my actual inbox. negative is that it will run you upwards of $250 from ebay BNIB. Are you eligible for an upgrade? if you are then u can get it for $100 with a 2yr contract. Call quality is also very good. The cam is 2MP with a flash and takes videos. Small enough for pants pocket. hope that helps!
    11-22-08 02:18 AM
    Shop around for a Sprint Curve 8330 in red or titanium. You should be able to pick one up in good to excellent like new condition for around 200 bucks if not less. But the Curve is the ideal phone for your needs and it's not too big and it's a great phone trust us on this...
    11-22-08 03:03 AM
    I have the 8330, and couldn't be happier. I'm not sure I've seen a bad post about the 8330 - everyone seems really happy with it!
    11-23-08 10:50 AM
    I made the move from the pearl 8130 to the curve 8330 and I am so very happy!!! I can't find a negative post about the curve 8330 either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 11:24 AM
    Hey murdoc52, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. My suggestion is to go to your local Sprint store and play around with the different BB�s so you can get a feel for all of them and make your decision based on that. Also, if you decide to buy one in the store you can take advantage of the Ready Now program where our reps will sit down with you and show you how to use all the cool functions and features on your new BB. I hope I was somewhat helpful!
    11-25-08 10:31 AM

I also have the 8330. It's a great phone. I don't leave home without it
    11-25-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD