I just got my new 8330 Curve today (Verizon) and have found setting up the phone to be reasonably pain free. I have run into a couple of snags and am hoping someone can help me out:

1. I was able to pair my Curve with my car, however none of the phone numbers would transfer to the car. Does anyone know what I might do to correct this?

2. I don't have a really good indicator (icon) showing when I have voicemail messages. I've had these types of indicators on every other mobile phone I've ever owned. How can I change from the email notification to something more visual on the home screen?

3. I've tried downloading themes using the prescribed method:
    -In "options" click "Theme"
    -Press the "menu" key
    -Press "Download Themes"
    The problem is that when I press "menu" I am not given an option that says "Download Themes." Any ideas about what's wrong?

Thanks so much for any advice!! I really want to like this phone.
    09-04-08 08:45 PM
    1. I too have a BT radio in my car. The unit paired well with my berry. But, I had to use the radio's manual to transfer the information; it was not automatic.
    2. You should see a small rectangular box (looks like a cassette) near top right.
    3. I've followed these steps, and do see the download option. Are you sure you have a data plan activated?
    09-04-08 10:33 PM
    welcome to cb
    09-04-08 10:54 PM
    Thanks so much. I'm going to have to dig further into the car's manual to transfer the addresses. It's good to know that it's not necessarily broken if the transfer didn't happen automatically.

My data plan should be active, so I guess I'm going to need to chat with Verizon this morning to double check.

Thanks again!
    09-05-08 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD