Only had my phone for a couple weeks and trying to get used to it. When sending a text sometimes it comes back to me with the numbers 9230 (under where the name usually shows up on the call log) and the message says: Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114
    Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I've sent texts to these people before with no problem. TIA!!!
    09-11-08 01:32 PM
    I hate to ask, but are you using 10-digit numbers? Are these saved contacts, and if so, how are the numbers saved?
    09-11-08 01:43 PM
    I'm sending the text to a saved contact. I just went to the call log and found the person, clicked on the menu button, selected compose SMS text...
    The weird thing is I've sent this person text messages before with no problem. I encountered this same message yesterday when sending a text to a different person. I have my numbers saved without area codes, could that be it?
    09-11-08 01:57 PM
    I'm sending the text to a saved contact. I just went to the call log and found the person, clicked on the menu button, selected compose SMS text...
    The weird thing is I've sent this person text messages before with no problem. I encountered this same message yesterday when sending a text to a different person. I have my numbers saved without area codes, could that be it?
    Yep... I am guessing that is it. Try with the area code. It should work then.
    09-11-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD