When my curve 8330 is in the holster and I get a text message upon taking it out of the holster the message is automatically displayed. Is there a way that I can change this setting? I do not want the message displayed on the screen as soon as I take it out of the holster. Please note that it's already set to "never" for "auto answer calls".
    11-28-08 08:14 AM
    go to options> security options >general settings > scrool down to were it say's "content protection" and press in the track ball and highlight enabled ...............that should help
    11-28-08 08:28 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-28-08 08:47 AM
    You probably are hitting one of the side buttons which may be sit to open up your text screen
    11-28-08 09:09 AM
    go to options> security options >general settings > scrool down to were it say's "content protection" and press in the track ball and highlight enabled ...............that should help
    Encryption

About content protection

Content protection is designed to encrypt your BlackBerry� device data. When content protection is turned on, your device uses a private
    key to encrypt data as it is stored on the device, including data that your device receives when it is locked. Your device decrypts data as
    you access it.

You can set content protection to include or exclude your contacts. If you turn on content protection for contacts and you receive a call
    when the device is locked, the caller name does not appear on the screen.

When you lock your device, an open lock indicator appears in the device status section of the screen to indicate that your device is deleting
    a copy of the private key from the temporary device memory. A lock indicator appears when the device has deleted the key. ...
    Content protection has nothing to do with the way Messages display when the device is un-holstered.

When your BlackBerry receives a message, it will alert according to the settings under Profiles.

If you un-holster it within a few minutes, it will open the last received message. If you wait about 5 minutes, it does not.

There are no setting changes that affect it's behaviour.
    11-28-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD