I have had my pearl for a while, but recently updated to a new computer, and I no longer have outlook, which I used for the Calendar feature. After the switch I have not been able to sync my Calendar, after doing some research I saw that Windows Mail has taken over for outlook and I have just not been able to get this programs calendar to sync with my BB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-13-08 03:50 AM
    Well I can't help you, I use the BBs built-in calender without any syncs. But welcome to CrackBerry.
    02-13-08 08:20 AM
    Windows Mail has taken over for Outlook Express. Outlook is still available and sold through MS website or most major computer stores. Windows Mail calendar is not compatible with Outlook calendar files as I tried to import my calendar from Outlook to WMail and couldn't get it to work.
    02-13-08 10:16 AM
    my desktop software has the option to sync with yahoo calender which is a good calendar but i just can't get the holidays to sync. i bet i am doing something wrong though!
    02-16-08 04:20 PM
    Google Calendar is also a free option.
    02-16-08 08:27 PM
    i think i need alot of work on how to sync it.
    02-18-08 08:28 PM
    I am trying to get my Yahoo Calender to wireless sync. Does anyone know how to do this?
    05-22-08 12:31 AM
    I had the same problem but found a way to get away from outlook. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird for email and the Lightning add on for my calendar. I am also using Google Calendar as an extension to Lightning. This way I can sync my Google Calendar to my BB and it appears on my Lightning, and add info to the lightning calendar and it appears ultimately to my BB (after sync).

First you need to download and install the Google data provider (that is after you have set up Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning) SORRY WONT LET ME POST URL BECAUSE I HAVEN'T POSTED 10X YET!!!.... So look for it under add-ons in Thunderbird.

Then under google calendar go to settings, then choose the profile you want to sync to Lightning. Under private address right click on XML and "copy shortcut".

Then open Lightning and click File, New, Calendar, the click "on the network", then google calendar, In location - paste the shortcut to your google calendar, then click Next.

Hope this helps. Works flawlessly for me.
    05-25-08 05:24 PM
    Hello and welcome to CRACKberry! Hope you find the answer to your problem, because I can't help. Sorry, but have a good one anyway!!
    05-26-08 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD