Hello people of the good world!

I'm as green as grass concerning the Black Berrys.
    I'm waiting for my curve to arrive. Still got a week to go. Got a deal with Tmobile.

I read about Symbian being used for BB's; is the Curve on the menu?

Read only good about Symbian; hence I ask.

I'm going back to reading the forum; need to catch up! Thanx!
    all the best from a newbie!
    09-25-08 10:25 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Symbian is now wholly owned by Nokia so, you can now guess that the BlackBerry does not use that OS. The bLackBerry uses its own Operating System called the Blackberry Operatiing Systems, simple really. This is written in Java and each BlackBerry model has it own version. Only the version for a particular phone will work on that phone and no other.

Research In Motion (RIM) who make BlackBerrys have a contiuous upgrade policy in place so there are always new versions floating around. Different carriers release different versions (which they get from RIM) at different times and in different countries. Each OS revision has a slightly different functionality and, of course, bug level.

This is the kind of organised chaos upon which I personally, thrive.

You can check you OS version by going to Options, About and the OS version is the 3rd line down.

The latest version for your phone is 4.5.0.81 and if you look ate the Sticky at the top of the 83xx forum you will find it.

So now you know.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Pete6; 09-25-08 at 10:46 AM.
    09-25-08 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD