Just got my blackberry 8320 'sim free' however when i switch in on it has the BT LOGO, anyone tell me what i have bought and why its there lol

cheers

oh and hello all as this is my 1st post
    09-26-08 01:19 PM
    welcome and i'm assuming you mean bluetooth, just go to manage connections and turn your bluetooth off
    09-26-08 01:21 PM
    no i mean

htp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39061000/jpg/_39061235_newbt203.jpg

It also does it wen i connect to the browser
    09-26-08 01:25 PM
    2007 November Archive at Declan Jewell’s Blog check this site it will tell you whats going on. It looks like its a broadband thing
    09-26-08 01:29 PM
    not sure it is, as im with virgin and why would it put the BT LOGO as a splash screen wen the phone starts up ?
    09-26-08 01:35 PM
    where exactly did you get the phone?
    09-26-08 01:51 PM
    ebay lol i know what your gonna say but the box was still sealed
    09-26-08 01:53 PM
    haha thats where i got my first one too. I don't think I've heard of that place before. You might try and contact the seller and see where he got it. is it branded at the bottom of the phone underneath the space bar
    Last edited by addict83; 09-26-08 at 01:58 PM.
    09-26-08 01:56 PM
    that makes me feel better lol i normally hate ebay but you know....

Any ideas what this bt thing could be ? its a splash screen wen i turn the phone on or off and wen i use the browser
    09-26-08 01:59 PM
    If its branded on the splash and the browser, then 99.99% of time that is the carrier who issued the phone
    09-26-08 02:04 PM

BT Group plc (formerly British Telecommunications plc) which trades as BT (pronounced /ˌbiːˈtiː/ bee tee) (previously known as British Telecom and still occasionally referred to by that name) is the privatised UK state telecommunications operator. It is the dominant fixed line telecommunications and broadband Internet provider in the United Kingdom. BT operates in more than 170 countries and almost a third of its revenue now comes from its Global Services division.

BT Group is the largest communications service provider in the United Kingdom. It is also one of the largest communication companies in the world.
    BT launches BlackBerry Internet Service to woo small businesses

Interesting, BT is not included in the BlackBerry Carrier list.

Like all branded phones, the brand and initial display screen are fixed, they can not be changed.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-26-08 at 03:26 PM.
    09-26-08 03:20 PM

BT launches BlackBerry Internet Service to woo small businesses

Interesting, BT is not included in the BlackBerry Carrier list.

Like all branded phones, the brand and initial display screen are fixed, they can not be changed.

I have never ever heard of these people before that's what was confusing the poo outta me
    09-26-08 03:28 PM
    yeah ok, but BT isnt a Carrier :-/

so although it is sim free, its branded to BT is that correct ? so its not the same as if i had bought it from a shop sim free ?
    Last edited by Cardiff25; 09-26-08 at 03:42 PM.
    09-26-08 03:37 PM
    yeah ok, but BT isnt a Carrier :-/

so although it is sim free, its branded to BT is that correct ? so its not the same as if i had bought it from a shop sim free ?
    Correct, all BlackBerry devices are factory branded to a carrier, to the best of my knowledge. The branding is permanent.

Resellers can buy devices from carriers and sell them without a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM). That is not a problem, as long as the device can be unlocked.

You will need a SIM card to activate the device and use the Phone features. You can use it as a PDA with a Wifi connected Browser without a SIM card. I still use my 8320 that way.
    09-26-08 03:52 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-26-08 03:54 PM
    So your sayin that even if i bought it in a shop it would be branded to say BT ?

Thats ok then...

Thanks, only had it this eveing and i haven't really put it down, i love it already though i do still love my nokia N82 aswell lol i have found the 8320 to be laggy at times is this normal ?
    09-26-08 05:43 PM
    Welcome to CB land. I hope everything works out for you.
    09-26-08 07:32 PM
    Correct, all BlackBerry devices are factory branded to a carrier, to the best of my knowledge. The branding is permanent.

Resellers can buy devices from carriers and sell them without a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM). That is not a problem, as long as the device can be unlocked.

You will need a SIM card to activate the device and use the Phone features. You can use it as a PDA with a Wifi connected Browser without a SIM card. I still use my 8320 that way.
    Reed, how do you use your pearl? Sorry for the hijack...
    09-26-08 07:38 PM
    Hi and Welcome to Crackberry!!
    09-26-08 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD