Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I got my bb from verizon. I deleted it from the app list and yet the shortcut is still there and 80% of the time when I log in on the bb browser it takes me to the terms & agreement page of facebook. I don't want it anymore! Grrr. Please help. Also is there a decent free web browser for my bb besides opera? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 07:08 AM
    Do a battery pull after you remove the program.

I think the BB browser and opera are the two choices for browsers right now... I have heard rumors that Firefox and Chrome might be making smartphone browsers, but no word on when that will be or if they will work on BB's.
    10-17-08 08:49 AM
    FireFox? WOW that would be something!
    10-17-08 09:12 AM
    Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I got my bb from verizon. I deleted it from the app list and yet the shortcut is still there and 80% of the time when I log in on the bb browser it takes me to the terms & agreement page of facebook. I don't want it anymore! Grrr. Please help. Also is there a decent free web browser for my bb besides opera? Thanks!

Yes that is true the icon remains on mine and when I open it takes me to the
    terms and agreement but the facebook app is not listed in my applications and it never was there just the icon. I just hid the icon and moved on lol
    10-17-08 09:25 AM
    Just hide the icon
    10-17-08 11:15 AM
    Hiding seems to be the way to go on this
    10-17-08 01:08 PM
    Are you still subscribed on FB's website on the Mobile Application? I think FB communicates with your phone if you activated FB mobile...
    10-17-08 03:11 PM
    I'm also having difficulties getting Facebook and a couple of other useless app's to truly delete off my berry. I've tried deleting several times, everytime I shut down and do a battery pull. Come back on and it's still in my Applications. I just need more free space so I would like this truly gone. I've had the icon hidden since the beginning but need more free memory. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks Much!
    10-18-08 10:15 PM
    Do you not have a facebook? or do you just not like the app? yea firefox would be the shizzzz
    10-18-08 11:26 PM
    How is facebook on cell phones these days, especially the Blackberrys?
    10-18-08 11:32 PM
    I tried to get rid of that danm thing too and can't!! Delete then battery pull then the $##@* comes back again!!! Where are all the mods at?? One of them should have an idea to get rid of that #$*@!!!

10-18-08 11:33 PM
    it is a service book pushed app
    the most you can do is hide it
    when you click on it, it will try and install again
    just hide it and dont worry about it
    there is no way to get rid of the icon any other way
    10-18-08 11:43 PM
    FireFox? WOW that would be something!
    Yep right now it's in Alpha testing Firefox for Mobile: What you need to know | Software news, tips and opinions from Download.com editors - Download.com
    10-19-08 02:33 AM
    Firefox for BB would be GREAT!!!
    10-19-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD