Hey everyone,

I've recently started using my first ever BlackBerry, the Z10. I've been a long term WebOS, and Android user. I was also using a Windows phone before getting a Z10. I'm a mobile phone dealer, and we have representatives from all of the major carriers and manufacturers that come into our store to check in with us. I was lucky enough to be given a Z10 for free by one of our account managers for a year, until the carrier needs it back.

In the meantime, I've had my SIM card in a friends Z10 for a little over a week now to get used to it. I think I'm going to be a BlackBerry user for a very long time. It's a great phone, and I wanted to get involved with the community a little bit. The unified notification center and gesture navigation is just flawlessly designed.

I'm so much more active with my phone now. I used to ignore texts, notifications, emails...all because my phone annoyed me. I instantly respond to any kind of message now, just because of how much easier it is.

There are a few oddities...the phone freezes - then restarts about once a day. The settings app lags a bit. Also it usually takes two swipes up to unlock the phone, rather than the one it was designed for. These are issues I'm sure will be resolved when the OS becomes stabilized, or possibly once I receive my new unit on Thursday.

Still, I love this phone.
    allstar0088, spyeagle and stevepar like this.
    04-08-13 04:24 PM
    Welcome and always great to have new members. If the rebooting thing persists, you may want to swap units and one swipe has always worked for me so if that doesn't resolve, keep us posted.
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-08-13 04:50 PM
    Welcome to the NEW CrackBerry.com
    04-08-13 05:00 PM
    Welcome to BB and CB. Nice write up. Reboot issue for a few of us but most seem unaffected.

Looking forward to your future impressions, and I hope you take Thor's advice for BB10 devices and SELL LIKE HE77 (**** if CB doesn't block it).
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-08-13 05:11 PM
    Hey Cole. Welcome to CrackBerry bro.

Nice to have you here. Congratulations on your Z10!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:35 PM
    make sure you don't leave it open on a conversation, if you do it requires two swipes, anywhere else its just one. Welcome to CrackBerry. Good Luck, don't let the crazy fans chase you out
    netwerx1 likes this.
    04-08-13 06:05 PM
    Welcome to the insanity!
    04-08-13 06:32 PM
    Welcome to the forums, Cole
    04-08-13 07:00 PM
    make sure you don't leave it open on a conversation, if you do it requires two swipes, anywhere else its just one. Welcome to CrackBerry. Good Luck, don't let the crazy fans chase you out
    I never knew that...but I just tested it and sure enough, if I have an open email or text, it's two swipes (one to the lock screen, another to get in) from a dark screen, anywhere else it's a single swipe to get all the way into it. Thanks!

Oh, and welcome Cole!
    04-08-13 07:08 PM
    Welcome to CB! As for your observation that the settings app lags, you will also notice that the contacts and phone apps also lag. The reason for this, is that they are built using the outdated Adobe Air platform, which BB no longer uses to create apps, since their own proprietary development kit (Cascades) has been built by TAT, a swedish company which they acquired a few years ago. It is obvious that those 3 apps will eventually be rebuilt using Cascades, but a definitive time frame is not available, so one can only hope that it will be done fairly soon.
    04-08-13 08:02 PM
    I never knew that...but I just tested it and sure enough, if I have an open email or text, it's two swipes (one to the lock screen, another to get in) from a dark screen, anywhere else it's a single swipe to get all the way into it. Thanks!

Oh, and welcome Cole!
    Wow, that is actually true! Is that a bug? I always thought it was just my fingers being too dry or something..

Absolutely no reboots for me though, the Z10 is rock solid.
    04-08-13 11:44 PM
    hello and welcome! great to have you and thanks for posting. i hope that an update fixes your issue but im glad you love it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-10-13 12:39 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    04-14-13 08:45 AM