I had been running into a few strange errors over the past few days on my pearl and I thought I'd post a thread for anyone with similar issues. Yesterday I was unable to answer my phone when someone called. I could see them calling and I could switch between answer or ignore, but I couldn't answer the phone while it was in standby mode. The reason for standby mode is: I don't have a holster, but I don't want to hit keys while my pearl is in my pocket.

The other error was when I would type a name into the home screen. This is my way of initializing SMS messages and calling people without going to the address book. Anyways, every time I began typing a name, I'd get an error (java.lang.illegal
    Argumentexception).

I was able to solve this problem by removing the battery, waiting 20 seconds, and putting it back in. Not a ingenious solution, but it fixed my problems. I hope this helps.

Chriswaar

p.s. I do have a question. When I shut down my pearl to take the battery out, I got a message saying: "Turning off phone. Next on time August 3rd, 7am." What does that mean? I was worried I wouldn't be able to turn my phone on until then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-07 11:33 AM
    When doing a battery pull, do just that! Don't turn it off first, just pull the battery...

The message is that way if you've set an alarm, or it you had one set in the past. It's basically saying the next I'm coming on, is then, or if you have a reminder of some sort set...
    08-02-07 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD