So just a question for anyone else with the new Storm, has anyone else had major delays with any buttons you push? I'm not even kidding, I have like a 2 second delay from the time I push something to the time it activates. ALSO, my battery won't keep a charge for more than 1 day. Is that normal? Is there a lemon law with blackberries?
    11-29-08 09:21 PM
    The Storm seems a fickle beastie-
    I've seen a few similar posts on those issues (usually "solved" with a battery-pull), some people here said that a few of the immediate issues went away on their own.
    A few others seem to be having nothing but good luck with theirs.

Best advice? Try a battery pull, see if that helps clear it. If not, some hard-needed software updates are in the works, due out soon.
    Worst comes to worse, I'd suggest returning it for a new one. Or a different model.

Battery Life of about a Day seems common, especially if you are doing a lot with it - so several reviews have said.
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 11-29-08 at 09:34 PM.
    11-29-08 09:31 PM
    No problems with it responds pretty quickly. Try hiding some of your home screen icons some people have reported gaining speed that way.
    11-29-08 09:34 PM
    Thanks DigiCat
    I will try that and hopefully it will do something. Because nothing is more frustrating then trying to drive down fastlane in a bicycle.
    11-29-08 09:37 PM
    So if I hide some of the icons, will they be difficult to find again if I need them? Dumb question, I know.
    11-29-08 09:40 PM
    Thanks DigiCat
    I will try that and hopefully it will do something. Because nothing is more frustrating then trying to drive down fastlane in a bicycle.
    I hear ya. Just a note: It's been stated that the Storm may take a longer while than other BB's to come back to life, so if it doesn't do anything right away, give it a few more minutes or so after the pull.
    I guess that alone scared a few people!
    11-29-08 09:43 PM
    I pulled it and it is still trying to recover. We'll see I guess
    11-29-08 09:46 PM
    So if I hide some of the icons, will they be difficult to find again if I need them? Dumb question, I know.
    Just hit the Blackberry button on the screen with all your icons and select show all. I'm a little OCD so I hide everything I don't use daily and unhide when I need
    11-29-08 09:54 PM
    So I'm up and running. Things are a little quicker. I think I'll try hiding some icons also, that might help. I haven't customized it at all yet.
    11-29-08 09:56 PM
    Thanks Darko, I appreciate an easy solution.
    11-29-08 09:59 PM
    The Storm seems a fickle beastie-
    I've seen a few similar posts on those issues (usually "solved" with a battery-pull), some people here said that a few of the immediate issues went away on their own.
    A few others seem to be having nothing but good luck with theirs.

Best advice? Try a battery pull, see if that helps clear it. If not, some hard-needed software updates are in the works, due out soon.
    Worst comes to worse, I'd suggest returning it for a new one. Or a different model.

Battery Life of about a Day seems common, especially if you are doing a lot with it - so several reviews have said.

Your sig line is freakin' hilarious
    11-29-08 10:47 PM
    Your sig line is freakin' hilarious
    Lol. Thanks - it's from a book a friend lent to me, honestly funny as Heck - "Lamb: the gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal" by author Christopher Moore.
    Good stuff.
    11-29-08 11:47 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful addiction known as CRACKBERRY, U R amongst friends here so don't ever be afraid to ask questions!

I wanted a storm so bad until I tried Storms belonging to friends and I must say I was not impressed with the device and will stick with my beloved Curve until something better comes along..
    11-30-08 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD