I plan to switch from a Palm Centro to either a BB Storm or BB Curve (on Verizon). I rely heavily on Outlook 2007 on my desktop. Forgive me if this is a repeat question...I am trying to determine if there is a way via included BB software or a 3rd party (paid or free) software to sync ALL (i.e. multiple phone numbers, multiple, e-mail address, notes, categories, etc...) of my Outlook 2007 desktop data to either of the above mentioned BB devices? Any help before I make the change would be greatly appreciated.
    11-16-08 06:53 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I can only speak to contacts and calendar syncs, which work with outlook via the BB desktop manager. It will automatically sync which ever way you set it. I'm fairly sure you'll be satisfied with the BB.

Enjoy the addiction
    11-16-08 08:52 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 09:20 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-16-08 11:32 PM
    I see all my Outlook address info; all phone #'s; contact notes; all calendar entries with early reminders, single and/or multiple occurences (Though not those created as a task from an email); My outlook notes... I can't think of much else I use. It's pretty darn good. It's not an exact mirror but I'm sure pleasantly surprised. The synchronizing / replication is flawless so far.

Hope that helps

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Try searching the word "outlook" by title, you'd be immersed in hits.

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-17-08 01:43 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

11-17-08 02:39 AM
    Welcome aboard!

11-17-08 02:43 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-17-08 05:33 AM
    Thanks for the informative reply. I will check out the Crackberry section you recommed. Your help is appreciated.
    11-17-08 11:23 AM
    Thank you. Your help is appreciated. It's good to know the included software covers at least the basics.
    11-17-08 11:24 AM
    If you have Outlook at work, with MS Exchange, then autosync of Outlook is very simple, and $ if you go the BES route. If you have BES, EVERYTHING you do on your BB will go thru the BES. YES, this includes all your web browsing, downloads, emails etc... EVERYTHING. If your company elects to restrict any of this "not business essential" they can thru the BES. BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server.

If you have Outlook at work, with MS Exchange, you do NOT require BES to sync. You can setup gmail account and via Google setup to autosync your BB with gmail/calendar. Now purchase any of the $25 utilities that run on your desktop (running Outlook, either with or without Exchange) and that will sync your Outlook to Google. This is clunky and maybe involved for some, but for those of us that don't want work participating in our every move (let alone dictate) this is an option.

If work issues your BB, likely it will include a BES setup. There are $ fees for related licensing.

This sounds like alot, but simple when you think about it.

Good luck, Tom
    11-18-08 02:30 PM
    ^^

Great info Tom

11-18-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD