View Poll Results: curve or perl on verizon

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • curve 8330

17 85.00%
  • perl 8130

3 15.00%
    hello all! i currently own and IPhone and i need to get a real smartphone for work no more toys for me haha but i wanted to ask a question:
    if you could get a pearl 8130 or a curve 8330, which would you get and why? ill be on verizon for this phone if that helps the choice any. im getting one or the other today or tomorrow and i would relaly like to narrow it down. i know the obvious reasons:
    curve perl
    full qwerty vs suretext
    more memory vs less
    larger screen vs small form factor

any input would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
    toosweetnitemare
    06-18-08 04:02 PM
    I went with a Curve because I wanted the full QWERTY keyboard and the larger screen. I was tired of three letters assigned to one key. Good luck and I know you'll be happy with which ever one you choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 04:09 PM
    I went with the Curve. I like the full qwerty keyboard, and the overall form factor. I Love My Curve!!!
    06-18-08 04:11 PM
    I went with Curve (Verizon) for the keyboard, and I friggin' LOVE it!
    06-18-08 04:15 PM
    Well, the poll should tell you. 100% for the Curve! Go for it! You wont regret it.
    06-18-08 04:24 PM
    Im with everybody else!!! Not a big pearl fan!!
    06-18-08 04:25 PM
    Thank you all for the promptly responses! I appreciate your input and the poll looks like 100% curve, that speaks volumes for me.
    06-18-08 04:36 PM
    I upgraded to the 8130 Pearl on Sat, June 7---my first blackberry. I like it so well, I decided to go for the gold, and exchanged it for the 8330 Curve on Fri, june 13.
    Looking at the above survey really validates my decision that I made by personal experience and reading reviews.
    I type about 80 wpm, and can do pretty fast with right thumb only. Full keyboard alone is worth the money. Have already discovered there is a limit to how long an SMS text message can be...actually fairly long...(Smile.)
    8330 Curve recognizes and reads the 8GB micro SDHC card MUCH better. AND the 4:3 aspect ratio was perfectly ready for all of my 1024x768 wallpapers!
    Don't even take the 8GB micro SDHC out. Just plug it into my iMac and drag & drop "purchased" iTunes to micro SD card mass storage device. "Protected" iTunes will drag & drop, but not be read nor play. I had to learn that. I'm used to Motorolas, LGs, and iPods,...but this jewel is really dusting off the cobwebs upstairs.
    I think I will be with the Curve (and its upgrades, or Bold, etc.) for a long time. Seriously.
    06-18-08 04:39 PM
    thanks vetusvates for the info on itunes, i run a macbook and i run linux/windows on my tower. it is great to know i can just drag and drop my itunes into my micro sdhc.
    06-18-08 04:56 PM
    I like my pearl.
    06-18-08 06:38 PM
    I would go with and prefer the Curve...I can't stand predictive texting...gotta have a full QWERTY

edit: ooops...welcome to CB
    06-18-08 06:53 PM
    I had the Pearl 8130. It's a good device. I got used to the suretype without any problem. But when Verizon came out with the Curve I decided to upgrade. The Curve is a great device. Really love the full qwerty keyboard, larger screen, more memory. The Curve is the way to go!
    06-18-08 07:03 PM
    The curve has a larger screen and a full qwerty keyboard. Welcome to CRACKberry!!
    06-18-08 10:08 PM
    ok so i got the curve, now the problem is getting my contacts from my iphone to my BB. i got all my contacts on my mac now in my address book. does anyone know how to export that vcard to my BB? or any way to get the contacts on the BB from a mac? thanks in advanced
    06-18-08 10:12 PM
    i figured it out, took my 5 hrs but i got it down stupid vcards
    06-19-08 08:00 AM
    I downloaded PocketMac for 8330 to iMac. However, after being unable to move bookmarks (or anything), I talked to a blackberry/apple genius at my local BestBuy, who said the USB factory model that came with the 8330 was a new sub-type of USB connector. Something to do with Windows Vista not wanting a backwards compatible, nor Mac compatible, ability---such that all info exchanging with 8330 would have to be with Windows. %$#@&^%$#@#$%.
    Luckily the iMac independently recognized the micro SDHC card (but not the blackberry device). Remember, only purchased (not protected) iTunes (Check "Kind" box under View Options to tell) will be read & played by phone.
    As for the deadend with pushing bookmarks---I just copied and pasted the web addresses on a document, emailed that (text and/or as attachment works equally well) to myself. Opened mail on phone, started going to sites, and adding bookmarks. I have about 450, so I had to trim that down to about 100 so as not to go crazy. But I have saved the email, so I am sure the 8330 can handle the bookmark list when I have the patience to scroll through them and add them.
    Question : Excluding iTunes and draggin/dropping info onto micro SDHC card,
    just how are you getting info from your Mac to your blackberry...???
    06-20-08 07:40 PM
    Thank u for the response! I was up till 4 am writing a script that exported my vcard contacts to my windows machine. Needless to say I was so pissed I almost returned the bb. Luckily my script worked and now I am happy with my bb. Thank u for all the tips.

Ps I'm writing this on my bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 07:45 PM
    One of my buddies at work loves his Pearl but I was sold on the full QWERTY featured on the Curve.
    06-20-08 07:54 PM
    i love my curve...the qwerty is what does it for me. i've never tried suretype, and don't really care to!
    06-21-08 05:30 PM
    I pick the curve, although I chose the Pearl for myself.
    06-27-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD