So today, I get up and unplug my 8330 from the charger, and begin running errands. I stop for lunch, and I pull out my phone to check my emails. I take it off standby, and the only thing I see is a white screen, with the LED light blinking red like I have an SMS or email.

I do a battery pull. It comes back on after loading. Works fine.
    Two hours later, it happens again. I do the pull, let it load, and it works.
    It happened two more times in the past half hour now. I do the pull, restart, and its fine.

Any idea what's wrong with it? Is it software related, or maybe the hardware?
    11-19-08 11:59 PM
    I've had the same thing happen to my 8330 lately. I sure hope someone has an answer cause this is mighty frustrating!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 12:37 AM
    I bought the monthly insurance on my phone through sprint. I just need to backup my address book and stuff if I need to send it back and I've no clue how to do that either.

11-20-08 12:41 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That white screen is a concern, it should not be doing that.

Install BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a Windows computer. Connect your device and select Backup.

If it is a hardware issue, restore your data to the new device.

DTM is included on your BlackBerry Tools CD or you can download the latest version from BlackBerry Support.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    11-20-08 12:24 PM
    I'll start backing up now. Thanks Reed!
    11-20-08 01:16 PM
    I bought the monthly insurance on my phone through sprint. I just need to backup my address book and stuff if I need to send it back and I've no clue how to do that either.

Is the phone less than a year old? It should be covered by the warranty if there really is something wrong with it. Phone insurance companies tend to send out refurbished phones now instead of brand new ones.
    11-20-08 02:33 PM
    Is the phone less than a year old? It should be covered by the warranty if there really is something wrong with it. Phone insurance companies tend to send out refurbished phones now instead of brand new ones.
    Yeah its like a month old. I don't want a refurbished one! How would I get a brand new one?

11-20-08 05:13 PM
    Take it back to sprint. They should send it back for you. I assume they would give you a loaner while its out for repair.
    11-21-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD