Day 1: Young, honest, classy, INFORMED(!) clerk at Best Buy points me towards the 8330 (Verizon) once I tell him "touch screen is not a priority." The piece cost $0, provided of course I get a 2-year deal with Verizon. I'd asked around and this provider's rep has improved a LOT lately, so I felt good with going Verizon.

Day 2: Look for Blackberry game sites. I think I'll pay a little extra from the EA Mobile site, just because I'm new here. Fiddle around with the GPS / Google Map and contemplate BOLTING down the street on foot, just to see if the map will move with me. I smoke a cigarette instead.

Day 3: Found a very cool free website (URL upon request) that will trim down mp3s to your liking and send them to you as ringtones. So if you suddenly hear John Williams' SUPERMAN or James Horner's ALIENS theme nearby, that's probably me. Also, submitted a reallllly scary wallpaper to the archives.

Day 4: D'oh! I forgot to get a memory card. And a case. And a better set of headphones. And a back-up battery. Only bought the first one at BB. The other accessories I'll order from this here website. Four hours of this day were spent on this question: CAN I shuffle my ringtones randomly??? (I think I found an app tho.)

Day 5: Continuing to settle in. I think it's safe to say that, even though it's not the fanciest model, the BB is the coolest toy I've ever owned. Yes, even cooler than that Kenner X-Wing Fighter that got recalled because some kid choked on the photon torpedo.

Keep up the great work on the site, all. It really looks like an all-in-one location. Well done.
    04-12-09 01:56 AM
    Welcome to CB! It sounds like you have been very busy! LOL!

Just jump in anywhere and start the party!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 02:04 AM
    Day 1: Young, honest, classy, INFORMED(!) clerk at Best Buy points me towards the 8330 (Verizon) once I tell him "touch screen is not a priority." .
    sounds a bit like my experience, only I said "I want a calendar and don't need a touch screen...." and he led me to the 8330. It was the one I'd been admiring already, but wasn't sure I was "ready" for. I took the leap and am thrilled I did!
    04-12-09 05:10 AM
    Welcome and glad you found time to post here!

David

04-12-09 08:00 AM
    Welcome; congrats on your "ready"ness; be careful to not overdo.....the grip of addiction is swift and strong; worst of all....there is no cure or 12 step program.

04-12-09 10:28 AM
    Welcome. This site is an amazing resource. Any chance you can send me the link to the site that does the ringtones that you mentioned?

04-12-09 12:06 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! If you haven't had already please check out the 101 lecture series in my sig. there's a wealth of info there. Enjoy the addiction...
    04-12-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD