hello, I'm not super new to the world of BB, but I am new the forums.

I've come to find out that my SIM Card and my 'Device Memory' have different sets of contacts stored. The device memory is the one I want, it's the one I sync with my outlook, etc.

Last night I had to get a new phone and when we put the memory card in, I found a bunch of old and unorganized contacts, and I panicked. Once I was able to connect to my laptop, the problem was solved and it sync'd the contacts from outlook, just as I wanted. However, the SIM Card still has the address book from the past (not updated with email, old contacts, no new contacts, etc.), and I am wondering if there is a way to erase the SIM card memory and then 'import' my device memory into it. (does that make sense?)
    Basically, I want to sync my SIM Card to match exactly what is in my BB and in outlook.

Also, on the same topic, is there a setting I can edit so that when I add a contact it adds to the device memory AND the SIM Card?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, I tried posting in the forum for my BB (8110), but no replies.
    So thanks in advance for any help you can give!!
    06-08-08 09:16 PM
    Go to address book>menu>sim phone book> erase everything there. Let me know if this helps. After you do that sync again and save those contacts to sim card.
    06-08-08 09:20 PM
    is there a quick way to "delete all"?

also, once i connect to sync again, how do I save the addresses to my SIM Card? and is that one by one, or can I do them all at the same time?

I'll do this afterwork tonight, thanks for the help!
    06-09-08 07:11 AM
    no to "my" knowledge...welcome to CB
    06-09-08 07:28 AM
    So, I've done all this (deleted all contacts from the SIM card {one by one}, then copied all contacts from my device to my SIM card {one by one})... now, last question is: Is there a setting so that when I add a new contact it automatically goes on my device AND the SIM Card?
    Thanks again for the help!
    06-09-08 07:28 PM
    anyone know?
    06-10-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD