Hi all.. I am still considering the change and have a couple of questions (TIA for helping!):

- On AT&T wireless and Cox home internet: Can I use Wifi I have in my house to make free calls with a blackberry? What are the issues?

- In the past with a phone upgrade I've kept my same plan on AT&T without changing and simply put in a new SIM.. will it be that easy with a BB? Do I need to pay extra for email, etc?

- Can I seamlessly transfer over my contacts/calendar? I searched and saw Outlook is a good way.. is it the best way?

- Any previous TREO 680 users out there? I'm a little nervous about this change!

THANKS!
    05-01-08 12:52 PM
    1) Sorry - don't have a wifi BB, can't help on this.
    2) Same voice plan, but you'll have to add the $30 BB plan.
    3) Outlook works great.
    4) former 650 user, and there's no comparison - and no going back.
    05-01-08 12:58 PM
    Just so I know... I get email and unlimited data on my phone right now... If I pay $30/mo ($360/year?) to have the "BB plan".. What am I getting for my money that I don't have now?
    05-01-08 01:13 PM
    What email/data plan do you have now?

Blackberries require a specific plan (BIS for personal, or BES if it's a corporate plan) to push your email to the device.

When adding this plan, it's INSTEAD of your existing data plan.
    05-01-08 01:20 PM
    Also certain 3rd party apps don't work or don't work well when you're not on the right plan.

For example... my g/f can't update her Guitar Hero III. She has an iPhone data plan.
    05-01-08 04:46 PM
    welcome to bb world!
    05-01-08 08:19 PM
    Yes... welcome 2 CB as well!
    05-01-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD