OK, I admit to being a newbie. I am trying to get a ringtone from Crackberry.com. I emailed to my BB, and got the email. But when I open the email and it says "here is your url", nothing happens when I click on it. In fact it doesn't even look like a url. It is in [...]. How do I get the tone????
    07-07-08 11:22 AM
    The URL should be highlighted, click it, it will then take you to the browser. after loading media player will open up and you can click the options button, then save
    07-07-08 01:02 PM
    Do you have a data plan?
    07-07-08 01:04 PM
    Yes you need a data plan to do it that way. If not just download the file instead of emailing it and synch it via usb.

why would you have email plan but no data?
    07-07-08 01:09 PM
    Sometimes, for some reason I still don't quite get but I'm sure it's an easy explanation, the links won't come through as being clickable. It's either a local setting or something on the server you're on (BES/BIS) that likes to make the links not clickable.

All you need to do is Highlight the url (should be http://crackberry.com/ringtonestuff....), Copy it (menu button and hit copy), open your BB browser, go to a new url, and Paste the text in. That's the same effect as clicking the link.

Ringtones Tutorial is here: BlackBerry 101: How to Download and Install Ringtones on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-07-08 01:22 PM
    I do have a data plan with t-mobile. the url is not complete, in fact here is what it says "Here is your ringtone [tmp_gsaORW.mp3.mp3]" this doesn't even look like a url to me. Nothing is highlighted as being "clickable"
    07-07-08 04:30 PM
    yea i did the copy and paste idea and worked great thanks!!!
    07-07-08 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD