Dropped my pearl in water and lost some key functions so have to upgrade...can't just get another 8100!!! You crazy?!?!?!

I'm trying to hold out for the 8220, but I'm afraid their gonna drag it into the winter before releasing it! So, in case I don't make it...

Would you recommend the 8120? It looks pretty much the same besides the WiFi, video capture, and external card slot. Also, Phonescoop.com reports that it won't sync with my PC?!?!?! Is that serious?
    09-24-08 01:32 PM
    Dropped my pearl in water and lost some key functions so have to upgrade...can't just get another 8100!!! You crazy?!?!?!

I'm trying to hold out for the 8220, but I'm afraid their gonna drag it into the winter before releasing it! So, in case I don't make it...

Would you recommend the 8120? It looks pretty much the same besides the WiFi, video capture, and external card slot. Also, Phonescoop.com reports that it won't sync with my PC?!?!?! Is that serious?
    YES! My wife has the 8100 and I have the 8120. There are a number of "little" differences between the 2 but all-in-all, the 8120 is much better.
    The biggest difference would be how BlueTooth connects. I can't stand the way my wife's phone will not make a call if you have the BT radio on but not the headset. (personal gripe) That and the keyboard layout is a little different. Hope this helps

As far as the Phonescoop.com issue, why will it work on a 8100 and not the 8120? Did they explain?

Also, you may want to check out eBay and see if you can get an 8100 (if your stuck on it) on a T-Mobile service. I sold my HTC Wing (WM) on eBay with no issues.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 09-24-08 at 01:41 PM.
    09-24-08 01:38 PM
    I did a comparison on Phonescoop between the 8100 and 8120 and the 8100 had "yes" under PC Sync but the 8120 just had a "-" dash. Have you connected your 8120 and synced contacts and loaded applications?

Thanks for the reply!
    09-24-08 01:48 PM
    No, I've never used thier services. I would "think" that the 8120 would do everything the 8100 would and more. Maybe you could contact the site moderator and see if they marked it wrong?

Anyways, good luck on your decision!
    09-24-08 01:51 PM

Yes those are all great additions to the 8120. Also with T-Mo and wifi, now you have the options to use UMA.
    09-24-08 01:53 PM
    I'm a newbie.......what's UMA?
    09-24-08 01:56 PM
    nevermind.....I googled it!
    09-24-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD