Hello, I just got my 8320 and I really like it, but it doesn't record video.. I heard on this site that I could down load a program and upload it to my BB and I would be able to record video. I'm still learing everything that it can do, but so far I really like it.
    Any help would be greatfull.. Thanks...
    08-21-08 01:06 PM
    welcome to cb! i have an 8320 also but i didnt know that recording was allowed .. hopefully someone can help us
    08-21-08 01:12 PM
    Hello and welcome!

The 8320 does not have video capture capability.

Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)
    08-21-08 01:16 PM
    I know that it doenst record, but I heard that I could upload a program to not olny have the camera take pics, but turn the camera into a video recorder.
    08-21-08 01:24 PM
    Howdy and welcome to CrackBerry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-52-a-53316/

This will link you to the Offical Orange UK updated software.

If you need any help with it, you have come to the right place.
    08-21-08 01:55 PM
    reed,, thanks what does this update do?

I guess I download it to my PC and then upload it to my BB..

Once I start the upload does it know what to do automatically??
    08-21-08 02:38 PM
    This is the Curve v4.5.52 software. It will replace the v4.2.180 that you have now.

If you are not familuar with the process, this thread explains it in detail.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    08-21-08 02:46 PM
    Reed... thank you... I'll have a buddy help me with it later.. Do you know if this update lets me video record with my curve??
    Thanks again for your help..
    08-21-08 02:49 PM
    Yes, v4.5 gives you the video recorder, voice notes recorder, a much improved Browser and some nice additions to the Contact book.

It also removes the sample video, sample pictures and music, freeing up a nice chunk of memory.

The only caution, you will no longer be welcome at T-Mobiles support desk. They have not officially accepted this version.

When official acceptance comes, you would be wise to upgrade again, and get back in T-Mobiles good graces.

BTW, this does not violate your warranty. The warranty is specific to hardware faults and excludes software related claims.
    08-21-08 03:01 PM
    Awsome!!!!!!!!!!... thanks again.. I wonder why there was no video recorder when it could play videos... Kind of weird.. plays videos, but doesnt record.. kind of stupid.. Glad some one made a new OS to help with these issues..
    08-21-08 03:11 PM
    .. Glad some one made a new OS to help with these issues..
    Research and development ... $359,828,000
    That someone is the Research in Motion R&D department, with a budget of $3.6 million.

The software is under continous development, this is the next big step along the path.
    08-21-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD