I am a new member so if my question sounds stupid, it is because I am still learning. I am a Verizon customer and I am considering switching to AT&t next month for the Blackberry Curve. My contract with Verizon expires the middle of the month and I was planning on purchasing the 8830 but I think that I would rather have the Curve. My question is this. Since AT&T is the new Cingular, do you expect their network to improve and challenge Verizon as the number 1 network in the US. The only reason that I would stay with Verizon is b/c of their network and I have always heard that you want to choose the best network and then choose a phone, never a good phone for an average network. I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
    05-26-07 05:03 PM
    I would not count on seeing any changes to the Cingular/AT&T network aside from further rolling out 3G technology on the network. You may want to check with other AT&T customers in your area and see how their network performance compares to your experience with Verizon.
    05-26-07 05:10 PM
    Does anyone know if Verizon or AT&T has quicker download or upload times? I know it takes my Treo forever to load a webpage. I don't understand what you mean by 3G?
    05-26-07 05:22 PM
    I don't want to give you an incorrect answer, so this is what Wikipedia says 3G is.
    05-26-07 05:30 PM
    Thanks for the link. I didn't get much of that. Is 3G limited to either Verizon or ATT or can it operate on both CDMA and GSM networks? Thanks for your help.
    05-26-07 05:37 PM
    Just GSM, as far as I know. I don't know if anyone in the US other than AT&T has even rolled it out yet.
    05-26-07 05:41 PM
    I don't think the network will be any better. My reason for saying this?

I use to be with Cingular, since 2001, and I was still with them when they switched / bought AT&T, and I was the service in my house was NO better. I was only getting 2 bars (if I was lucky) at home, and with them now being AT&T nothing changed in that respect.

Based on that I ported my number to T-Mobile - mobile life is now so much better!!!
    05-26-07 06:32 PM
    I would not count on seeing any changes to the Cingular/AT&T network aside from further rolling out 3G technology on the network. You may want to check with other AT&T customers in your area and see how their network performance compares to your experience with Verizon.
    My BB is on Cingular/AT and T......they have great service in FL and so far I've had no problems with it at all.......I would not have gone to just cingular, but I've had an ATT phone in the past and liked their service......
    06-04-07 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD