Well I JUST activated my new Sprint Curve 8330!! I'm in love, crackberry addict at activation!

I got everything setup successfully, including creating a blackberry e-mail address, my gmail and hotmail too!

My first couple main screen icons are "Messages", Blackberry e-mail, Gmail, Hotmail. I tested out the Blackberry email address first and I noticed that the e-mail comes into the "messages" box AND the "blackberry" inbox.

This is redundant, how do I get rid of that?

Thanks! I already knew so much during setup thanks to CB so it's pretty good I only had that one question! I've already got a TON of wallpapers, about 168 to be exact, and will soon be making custom ringtones!

EDIT: Also, I downloaded AIM from the link everyone's posted on here.. blackberry.com/aim. It installed fine and I started using it. Then I signed off so I could edit my buddy list on my laptop. I tried signing back on and it said "Internal Error: Please try again later".

I can't get back on AIM
    Last edited by TvTechGuru; 08-24-08 at 01:41 AM.
    08-23-08 12:55 PM
    You can't prevent this, but you can seperate emails from messages. See this previous thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/handy-tip-separate-your-smss-emails-6035/

This may clean things up a bit for you.
    08-23-08 01:55 PM
    ...I tested out the Blackberry email address first and I noticed that the e-mail comes into the "messages" box AND the "blackberry" inbox.

This is redundant, how do I get rid of that? ...
    By design the Messages folder aggregates all the inboxes. You can separate the inboxes as Patrickwc suggested, or just hide them and have a one-stop-shop in Messages. That's what I do. It's your personal preference, either way.
    08-23-08 02:13 PM
    Thanks guys I didn't know it was designed like that but I don't mind. And I have separated all my email accounts, I like it like that.
    08-23-08 08:39 PM
    You can also create a new folder and stick them in there.
    08-23-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD