I've read some reviews, I want to get a new phone that has better capabilities than the standard Samsung SCH-A930 that I have now. I'm with VZW and my "new every two" is on November 11th. I'm currently looking at between the BB Curve and the Palm Centro.

But I had some questions, I tried to search but maybe I'm just missing something. :-/

On the VZW BB is there the get it now feature? if not how does one go about getting games/ringtones/what not.

Also: When I was pricing things out on the VZW website I was a bit confused between the difference of the Email and Web plan and the Data one when given that option. I use the internet frequently on my phone now with the horrid mobile web 2.0 browser (which is why I'm anxious to upgrade to something better!). Mostly for e-mail, facebook, myspace, google, and some other various things. So I wasn't sure which would be the better package for me to choose.

Is it easy to customize the Curve to look more appealing? I've searched for different screen shots but without much luck. That's all I can think of right now. Thanks for the help!
    09-27-08 09:23 PM
    Hey! I just got the Curve for VZW as well.

I will try to answer your questions as best as I can:

1. There is no Get It Now feature. Instead you would make your own wallpapers or ringtones, and you can send them thru email, being the easiest. There is also another option for themes. I will address this in a second.

2. When looking at data, if you just want BIS, get the Email and Web. Some people say you are capped at 5gb of data per month, I dont know the truth behind it, but 5 gig is a lot for a hand held, provided you dont really tether. Just be sure to be specific when you ask because the rep i dealt with originally put me on the BES/44.99 plan.

3. Back to themes. There are TONs to download for your Curve to easily change the look of things. Take a look in the subforum to get a good idea of what they will look like!

As well, there are a lot of accessories to make your Curve stand out from others. Skins, cases, and even painting a new housing!

Best of luck and hopefully welcome!
    09-27-08 09:34 PM
    Just a few examples of what themes can be:

09-27-08 09:46 PM
    09-27-08 09:46 PM
    You will be happy with the curve I'm sure. I just came from the htc touch. Good phone, I definitly am addicted to the blackberrys now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 10:10 PM
    i've never had a smartphone of any sorts but I'm really anxious to get one. I'll probably go ahead and get it and pray i don't mess up and end up with hundreds of dollars in charges some how! Thank you so much for the quick responses!
    09-27-08 10:14 PM
    Curve is a great phone. I haven't had a problem with it. Well come to Crackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 10:24 PM
    I am a proud curve owner, as far as productivity for business use it is amazing, it leaves me a tad wanting sometimes in the media department.
    09-28-08 11:24 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-29-08 12:59 PM
    i've never had a smartphone of any sorts but I'm really anxious to get one. I'll probably go ahead and get it and pray i don't mess up and end up with hundreds of dollars in charges some how! Thank you so much for the quick responses!
    I felt the same way before I got mine. I really don't trust Verizon when it comes to billing. Too many times I've had to go through the WTF headache of getting my bill from them and wondering why I'm getting charged for services and things I never asked for. That being said, my BB transition was smooth and all I had to add was $30 for unlimited data.

I swear Verizon makes the description of their services confusing on purpose. I had no idea what I was looking at until I actually went into their store (part of their plan, I'm sure) and had a rep lay it out straight for me.
    09-29-08 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD