I went to the PHONE OPTIONS menu, then GENERAL OPTIONS

I went down to Show "My Number" and I selected 'NO'

When I dial a number I see my number on the screen, is this the option that turns that off?

I did a battery pull and it still shows my number when dialing out...
    07-11-08 11:30 AM
    I Believe that feature just doesnt show your number to the person who you are calling.
    07-11-08 11:37 AM
    I Believe that feature just doesnt show your number to the person who you are calling.
    yes.. he is correct.. that refers to your caller ID when you turn it off..
    07-11-08 11:55 AM
    Above is correct. Welcome to CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 12:09 PM
    For me when i do that option all it does is hide my number on my display when i go to phone. When I call someone it shows on the right hand side in small numbers. Although I do have the "restrict my identity" feature in the same options list.
    07-11-08 12:11 PM
    Correct it keeps your number from showing on the phone you are calling. I like the feature that my number shows on my screen. Bad memory. I don't call myself often enough to remember it. LoL. New number since earlier this year when I switched. I think I'm getting it now.
    07-11-08 12:13 PM
    Hey guys my bad I actually just figured out that its not for your caller ID. It's when in the phone application or dialing a number. If its on it will show your number at the top and if off obviously not. Pretty stupid option if I may say so myself. I dont think there is a way to turn it off while in a call though. To block your number you will have to restrict your identity in the same option menu.
    07-11-08 12:25 PM
    Just what I was getting ready to say NDO. This option makes just makes your number not appear on the phone home screen. Restrict does what it describes. You just had to make me test it out didnt ya...haha.
    07-11-08 12:33 PM
    Just what I was getting ready to say NDO. This option makes just makes your number not appear on the phone home screen. Restrict does what it describes. You just had to make me test it out didnt ya...haha.
    LOL well I had to test it out to post that so I figured I'd make you do it too.
    07-11-08 12:37 PM
    So wait I am confused by all the answers. If you select to restrict identity that I assume means your number will not come up on caller id.

But if you select 'NO' for Show MY NUMBER which I just tried, my number still shows on the screen when dialing out. So what does it actually do that function??
    07-11-08 02:31 PM
    Correct if you don't want to show your # to your callers then restrict your identity. The show # option really doesn't serve a purpose from what I can see its a pretty useless option IMO. When you are dialing out it will show you # on the top if its on and won't if its off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD