Hey all. My Fiancee and I just got blackberry 7290s the other day. We do not have the data access option, and therefore cannot surf the web, or access the blackberry messenger. My problem is this: I can't seem to figure out how to get pictures from my computer onto my blackberry. My PC recogizes my blackberry when I plug it in, but I can't seem to transfer files. Also, ringtones are a problem. Every site I go on simply says that you can save the ringtone to your blackberry. I need to download it to my computer, and then transfer it. Any thoughts?
    04-12-07 10:32 AM
    Firstly WELCOME to the addiction!

If you email the photo to yourself, does it not show as an attachment on the BlackBerry?
    04-12-07 10:35 AM
    No, I don't have the data access on my BB. I cannot check e-mail, or surf the web from my BB
    04-12-07 12:38 PM
    Hey Matt, Welcome to CrackBerry! I think without the data plan, you are going to be out of luck with getting files on the 7290. You can try downloading Desktop Manager v4.2 from Blackberry, and see if the Media Manager will allow you to do this, but I honestly don't think it will.
    04-12-07 03:22 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I got the desktop manager v4.2, but I can't seem to get access to the handheld software v4.2. The blackberry site only offers 4.1 for my model. Could it be that U can't get the 4.2 version on my 7290? That would really suck.
    04-12-07 05:23 PM
    That is correct. OS 4.2 is not available, nor probably ever will be available for the 7290. Sorry.
    04-12-07 06:22 PM
    The media manager does not in 4.2..I can confirm this....I too have a 7290..and try as I might it, the media manager will not see the BB...so does this mean there is NO WAY to get files...Or just not with the manager???....

and if they only offer 4.1 how come it does not see the BB either??? are we doomed to no data transfer??..I hope not..

Sorry to *****..
    11-17-07 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD