I am sick of trying to type in my password going down the road after it has timed out.

I need to lengthen the timeout and/or disable the password. Unfortunately, when I go to the OPTIONS, SECURITY, GENERAL SETTINGS I find that the password status ENABLED is locked (little red lock by it) and the Security Timeout is locked at 1 hour. I can change lots of other settings on that screen. I have searched and searched here but have found no solution.

Is there some "magic" way to unlock these settings, disable my password or change the timeout?
    07-29-07 03:48 PM
    I believe 1 hour is the maximum.
    07-29-07 04:23 PM
    Nope, sounds to me like you're on BES, thus an I.T Policy is in place. So, no changes possible...
    07-29-07 07:51 PM
    Nope, sounds to me like you're on BES, thus an I.T Policy is in place. So, no changes possible...
    If it is locked at one hour, then what navilyn said sound right. Are you on a BES? If not, I don't know why you can't change it.
    07-29-07 08:28 PM
    Unless it's a used device they bought, that HAD an I.T Policy, and thus the policy is still on the device, yes, even after a 'wipe handheld'.
    07-29-07 09:42 PM
    YES, I am on BES. Maybe I should call it BS instead!!!

I will just have to shorten my password and ask some other BB users at my company if they have the same standard setting. Grrrrrrrrr . . .
    07-29-07 09:54 PM
    I had the same issue too. I'd be listening to music, and when I try to change songs, my BB would lock after a song or when holstering. Also, my mom doesn't have a cell phone, so I have to unlock it when she uses it.

It really has nothing to do with the network or policies. It's actually simpler. The Media Card has the ability to password protect its contents. This password happens to be the same as the one that you set in Security Options, and so they are linked.

Have you ever tried to enable USB Mass Storage Mode and it would ask you for a password? This is a clear sign that your Media Card is password protected. This also means that you cannot disable your password, since the Media Card requires a password and prevents Security Options from disabling the password (hence the little red lock).

To fix this:

• Go to Options -> Media Card
    • Set Encryption Mode to any option that does not include Security Password (i.e., None or Device)

*Whoosh* *Little red lock disintigrates* You can disable your password now:

• Go to Options -> Security Options -> General Settings
    • Set Password to Disabled
    06-08-08 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD