I'm upgrading to my first Blackberry later this week, and I just wanted to know if it is in any way possible for my Blackberry to synchronize with my Outlook Contacts and Mail on my home machine.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I'd like to hear it from someone else before I'm completely convinced.
    07-16-08 03:48 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You will be happy to know that you are wrong.

Synronizing to Outlook on a stand-alone PC is easy. Your new phone will come with a CD and a USB cable.

You install Desktop Manager. Spend 5 minutes cursing it until you get the sync options right and it will sync Contacts to Address Book, Calender, Tasks and Notes.

Email will not sync but if you but a data plan you will get access to the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) this will deliver you new emails (but not the old ones) to your phone.

You should also consider buying a Media Card to store your pictures, tunes and documents on. The BlackBerry has very little free memory without one - it might look like it does but, trust me, it does not.

If you have questions, just ask away in here. Someone will always help you.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-16-08 at 03:56 PM.
    07-16-08 03:53 PM
    If it is a work phone & you have BES there & want to sync with home mail also, don't do it. I tried this & it screwed up my work account. I imported all my home contacts into the work outlook. Hope this helps.
    07-16-08 04:39 PM
    Both posts are correct. Welcome to CB. And post if you have any more questions or concerns.
    07-16-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD