Greetings, folks:

Well, I figured with all the other tech gadgets I have, I might as well add a Blackberry to the mix, to I just picked up a Sprint-Nextel Blackberry Curve 8330 after my brother, a recent convert, has been raving about it. A couple questions to ask the masses if you don't mind:

1. In order to view my Emails in HTML format, my brother said I'd need to download something to enable HTML formatting viewable. If so, what do I need? I searched around but I think I entered the wrong search parameters.

2. I had a Sprint-Nextel Samsung Z400, which didn't have a SIMM card; consequently, all my contacts were automatically backed up using Sprint's auto-synching. Is there a way I can take these contacts and download them to my Blackberry? Specifically, I'd also like to add all the Email addresses to these contacts without having to do it directly on the teeny keyboard (big fingers here--LOL).

Thanks.
    11-12-08 08:26 PM
    I haven't used it, but here is an app that will give you HTML email: Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox

What did Sprint's auto-sync back up to? If it's an ASCII file, you can probably import it into Outlook and sync it to your BlackBerry that way. If you still have your Z400, you may be able to use the Desktop Manager Switch Device Wizard, if the phone can be plugged into a USB port.
    11-12-08 11:18 PM
    Thank you.

As far as my Samsung goes, it doesn't have a USB port--figures. No big deal. I've been told they can swap my contacts in a store with their little device that transfers the list to the Blackberry. I'll give that a shot.

Good question as to what Sprint's auto-sync does. I've been trying to figure that out for weeks. It's supposed to back it up to my Sprint online account, but I'll be damned if I can find it there!
    11-12-08 11:24 PM
    Congrats on the berry,

JeffH pointed you in the right direction. But if you don't want to go the pay route, you can get 4.5 OS they enable HTML email somewhat. You can find it in the 83xx forums, there are also betas available. This isn't offical from sprint, but works well.

You risk the chance of bricking your berry, but I found it to be pretty easy.

The back up, is somewhere on sprints website....lol better chance of going into sprint store having them do it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 11:37 PM
    Welcome to the CB family! You definitely came to the right place for your questions - you're surrounded by CB addicts!
    11-13-08 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD