ok, can blackberry ringtones go 2 incoming caller tones? not like for the owner 2 hear but the caller if so how does ths wrk?
    10-24-08 10:56 PM
    I think you are describing "ring back tones" which can only be done through your carrier.

I know that VZW has this service, but not sure about other carriers. I believe VZW charges .99 a month for callers to hear the tones vs. a ringing sound.
    10-24-08 11:06 PM
    If the OP is talking about "ringback tones", gregmar is correct. It's a pay for by month service that is a flat rate per month. Then you can in addition to that payment, pay for songs. It sounds like CRAP to the caller though. I did it for a while and called myself and realized I was putting my callers through h*ll listening to poor quality!
    10-25-08 01:45 AM
    T-Mobile does not offer that service...and I agree with TheSultan. I have a few friends on Verizon with ringbacks and OMG my lovely ears! I really try not to call them as much as others...sad but true.
    10-25-08 02:29 AM
    T-Mobile does not offer that service...and I agree with TheSultan. I have a few friends on Verizon with ringbacks and OMG my lovely ears! I really try not to call them as much as others...sad but true.
    LOL!
    1. "Hey man, give me a call and we'll catch up!"
    2. "uh, no thanks, you have ringback tones"
    10-25-08 02:34 AM
    I have T-mobile, and they do offer that service, which is called Caller Tunes. I think I pay $1.49 a month for it, plus the cost of any songs I purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kdkesterson; 10-25-08 at 05:28 AM.
    10-25-08 02:35 AM
    No. Can't be done on a bb.
    10-25-08 09:50 AM
    No. Can't be done on a bb.
    Don't know if you were referencing my previous comment, but I am with Tmobile, have a BB Curve 8320, and I use caller tunes. The people who call me hear the music I choose, not a ring tone. It's been that way since I've had my BB.

10-25-08 05:59 PM
    Don't know if you were referencing my previous comment, but I am with Tmobile, have a BB Curve 8320, and I use caller tunes. The people who call me hear the music I choose, not a ring tone. It's been that way since I've had my BB.

Yes, Tmo has had Caller Tones for years, in fact, I think they were the first US provider to offer them.
    10-25-08 06:01 PM
    I have T-mobile, and they do offer that service, which is called Caller Tunes. I think I pay $1.49 a month for it, plus the cost of any songs I purchase.

Wow, I cannot find that service anywhere on My T-Mobile. See, I knew T-Mobile loved me...

Hey, seriously, to each his own.
    10-29-08 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD