Maybe this is a stupid question, but hey, I'll ask it anyway!

What type of email accounts do the majority of you all use?

I currently have both a Gmail account and a @vzw.blackberry.net account set up. However, my Gmail account seems to take up to several hours for the mail to reach my BB. I have it set up through the BIS, obviously. My @vzw.blackberry.net receives email instantly...but from what I've read, the blackberry.net addresses are evil and can lead to loads of spam.

I'm impatient and don't like waiting for my email. Either I'm stupid, or Gmail isn't nearly as fast as I hoped it would be.

Does anyone have any suggestions to end my pain and suffering? I don't like waiting around all day to get a reply to an important email. Sure, I could forward Gmail to my blackberry.net address, but is that really the best solution?
    02-27-08 01:55 PM
    I also use gmail( i have 4 sent to my BB) and 1 yahoo. I have not had issues getting my gmail to my BB, it comes pretty instantly.
    Also, my yahoo mail address comes pretty instantly as well. Did you dl the Gmail application, or add the gmail account right to your BIS??
    02-27-08 02:00 PM
    I also use gmail( i have 4 sent to my BB) and 1 yahoo. I have not had issues getting my gmail to my BB, it comes pretty instantly.
    Also, my yahoo mail address comes pretty instantly as well. Did you dl the Gmail application, or add the gmail account right to your BIS??
    I don't have the Gmail application, I just added the account to my BIS. I have heard people talk about the Gmail application. I don't like installing 3rd party apps that I don't really need on my BB, so I never really looked into it enough to want to download it.
    02-27-08 02:01 PM
    Gmail for being sent HTML email and mailing lists and [email protected] for everything else, programed into my BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 05:17 PM
    I use gmail & forward the messages to my blackberry account. I get my messages instantly.
    02-27-08 06:04 PM
    I have a gmail, a verizon.net and a mac.com account pushed through the BIS.

I tried to use the Gmail app, but found many of my emails never made it to my gmail app, so I went back to the BIS.
    02-27-08 06:08 PM
    Gmail, Road Runner, and .mac

I haven't had a problem getting mail.
    02-27-08 08:18 PM
    Gmail, AOL, yahoo, sssnet (internet provider), and att.blackberry.com. All are pretty quick, never more than 5 minutes. (usually quicker)
    02-27-08 08:40 PM
    Gmail, Road Runner, and .mac

I haven't had a problem getting mail.
    I just want to tell you, I love the quote in your signature. hilarious
    02-27-08 08:41 PM
    I use gmail almost exclusively and receive my email within seconds of them being received. I've only had to wait hours when RIM experienced an outage that caused widespread email delays... Maybe something is up with verizon's BIS?

Are your delays consistent?

02-27-08 08:47 PM
    I use gmail almost exclusively and receive my email within seconds of them being received. I've only had to wait hours when RIM experienced an outage that caused widespread email delays... Maybe something is up with verizon's BIS?

Are your delays consistent?

Yes, they're consistent.

I resent the service books, no fix there.

I can send a test email from my PC to both my Gmail and blackberry.net address at the same time. The blackberry.net address will receive it within 3 or so minutes. The Gmail account doesn't receive it for 15 minutes or more.
    02-28-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD