Hello everyone, I got my bb curve 8320 a while ago from T-mobile without the data plan and I have a few questions. I always here what these amazing phones can do for you, but I am a bit lost.

1. How do I put blackberry messenger back on my phone? I deleted it earlier
    2. What can I do with wifi? When I connect to a network I always go to a site but it doesnt seem to recognize I am on my mobile. I actually downloaded gmails bb application but it doesnt seem to work!
    3. According to the tmobile site, I have the lasest OS I can.
    4. How do I unlock my phone (I saw the tutorial on it but when I type MEPD and then MEP2 a window comes up asking me for my networks MEP password) also, what are the benefits of unlocking?
    5. How can I sync my calendar with google calendar? (is it possible without a data plan - ie - can it be done while im at school with wifi and google calendar?)
    6. Can you set a contacts "prefered" number to call so you dont have to select it ever time? Or give contacts weight? IE, when I type Ma and 99/100 times I call marco thats all the way at the bottom, can my phone place him at the top?

Thanks!

EDIT: Basically, if your best friend just got a new BB, what exactly would you tell him? "Hey did you know that you can:" FILL IT IN. You know what I mean! I see so many possibilities exist with this phone! As of now, I am going to get a memory card but dont really have any money to spare in the way of apps or themes etc. So some cool apps/themes that are free would be appreciated.
    Last edited by diego898; 06-10-08 at 01:15 PM.
    06-10-08 10:02 AM
    06-10-08 05:11 PM
    Ditto on the 101 lectures.

Welcome to the Crack!
    06-10-08 08:28 PM
    Sorry I can't answer your questions, I would have referred you to the Blackberry 101 also.

Welcome to CB and the addiction.
    06-10-08 08:41 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    06-10-08 08:48 PM
    Ditto on the 101 lectures.

Welcome to the Crack!
    I think we should start putting this in our signature to help the Newbies out.
    06-10-08 08:50 PM
    Welcome!!!
    06-10-08 08:54 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'll check those out and report back with any questions ;]
    06-10-08 10:28 PM
    Still couldn't find these:

2. What can I do with wifi? When I connect to a network I always go to a site but it doesnt seem to recognize I am on my mobile. I actually downloaded gmails bb application but it doesnt seem to work!
    3. According to the tmobile site, I have the lasest OS I can.
    4. How do I unlock my phone (I saw the tutorial on it but when I type MEPD and then MEP2 a window comes up asking me for my networks MEP password) also, what are the benefits of unlocking?
    5. How can I sync my calendar with google calendar? (is it possible without a data plan - ie - can it be done while im at school with wifi and google calendar?)
    06-10-08 10:53 PM
    Unlocking let you use your phone on other networks. It will make the resale value higher because it can be used on several different networks. Welcome to Crackberry by the way!! Also, when on the browser, ie wifi the wifi is a faster browser and the blackberry is best used in the mobile platform. If you like you can download Opera Mini and use that for desktop like web pages. Have fun and enjoy!!
    06-10-08 11:41 PM
    I think we should start putting this in our signature to help the Newbies out.
    I think this is a GREAT idea... that's why I did it weeks ago!!!

I don't have the answers to any of your other questions but my suggestion would be to use the search feature. If that does not help, then post in the appropriate areas with very specific subject lines.

Check with 3rd Party Applications for your Google questions.
    Check with the TMo section or the Generic "Blackberry Discussion" for your WiFi and Unlocking questions.

GOOD LUCK and WELCOME TO CRACKBERRY!!!
    06-11-08 12:02 AM
    Welcome to the family!
    06-13-08 03:26 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    06-15-08 04:41 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    06-15-08 08:35 PM
    Welcome to the family maybe think about a data plan in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 08:47 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD