Hello,
    I just got my first BB on Wednesday and already screwed something up. For some reason my e-mails (gmail) are going to both messages and the e-mail icon but I am not getting an alert from the e-mail icon. What did I do?
    10-11-08 12:19 PM
    Try a battery pull and see if it clears up
    10-11-08 12:24 PM
    is it supposed to go to both my e-mail and the message folder? Or should e-mails only go to the e-mail folder. The battery pull at least made it show up as having a new e-mail. Thanks for that.
    10-11-08 12:37 PM
    It shows up in both!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 12:39 PM
    cool, then I guess its fixed. Thanks for the quick help.
    10-11-08 12:40 PM
    While in Messege or Email Icon:

Menu
    Options
    General Options
    SMS and Email Inboxes :set to separate

This will create separate icons for SMS/MMS and Emails. You can then hide the Messeges (i call it the general messege icon) iconand you will get emails only in your email icon and SMS/MMS only in your icon for that.

not sure if that's what you were asking but thought i'd throw it in!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-11-08 at 12:53 PM.
    10-11-08 12:41 PM
    all of that stuff was already on. For some reason when I would send a test message to my g-mail account I would only get a new message notification in messages, not e-mail.
    10-11-08 12:42 PM
    on my BB, I have a "Messages", "My E-mail", and the a 3rd "SMS and MMS". SHould I just hide the "Messages" icon?
    10-11-08 12:43 PM
    on my BB, I have a "Messages", "My E-mail", and the a 3rd "SMS and MMS". SHould I just hide the "Messages" icon?
    i do. since the Messeges folder contains what both Email and SMS/MMS folders contain. it's redundant.
    10-11-08 12:51 PM
    that is pretty much exactly what i was thinking
    10-11-08 12:52 PM
    be aware that if you get a PIN messege it will only show in the (general, now hidden) message folder! PIN messages will not show in either Email or SMS/MMS folders.

that frustrated me for a bit until i figured it out! ha. jsut a heads up.
    10-11-08 12:55 PM
    i don't really have enough friends that use PIN messages. They usually just use the messenger if they are PINning. Thanks though
    10-11-08 12:57 PM
    I have a related question.. newbie also.

My sent email messages are being displayed in my messages and I also get an alert to let me know I have a new sent message. How do I turn this off??
    10-23-08 03:04 PM
    I have a related question.. newbie also.

My sent email messages are being displayed in my messages and I also get an alert to let me know I have a new sent message. How do I turn this off??
    Messages > Options > Email Settings > Then turn "Confirm Delivery" to NO

Might as well make sure they all say NO
    10-23-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD