Hello all! I am a newbie and am getting frustrated with my Berry Pearl. What could be a really cool phone is really frustrating me. I am having all sorts of problems with it. For some reason the desktop manager, and my phone itself, does not seem to recognize that I have a memory card. When I try to download music, the music file on the device memory does not even detect. Then I tried copying music files into the photo folder, but each time it tells me I have not enough memory. I have just deleted all unused languages etc and performed a battery pull, and still no success.

Also my address book is not working, all it gives me is my SIM card addresses and it does not convert to my device even when I try to "copy address book" - it still tells me that I have no personal contacts.

I want to use the phone for everything that it is capable of, but right now it feels like I have a dud, and I'm sure it is user error. Maybe. Maybe I did buy a lemon. Can anyone help me and restore my faith in Blackberry? I am looking at my bf's iphone with envy.
    01-27-08 12:47 PM
    Address book... make sure you don't have a filter enabled... Address Book > Menu > Filters. Uncheck any checked.

Is your Media card formatted? Does it even work, if you can see it from your PC or the BB... perhaps not.
    Media card not recognized? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Your BB likely has only a certain amount of device memory reserved for pictures, etc. Look at Media Player > Options > Reserved memory limit.

good luck.
    01-27-08 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the advice on the address book, I think I fixed the problem by unselecting the filter. However...my media card...! I tried the steps outlined in the link you sent me, but I cannot see the media card on either the pc or the bb. Am I supposed to be able to see it? I just want to be able to put some music and pics on the phone. And know that I have enough memory to do so. My memory card is 1gb, should be plenty but it does not seem to be working out for me.
    01-27-08 03:37 PM
    Yay, oh happy day! Thanks to your help and my persistence, I finally figured out the media card!! Finally, I can use the Berry to it's capabilities, and now I am going to truly love it, I'm sure. I still have iphone envy, but hey...i'll wait, and in the meantime have a great phone to use and play with!
    01-27-08 06:37 PM
    Well enjoy...
    01-28-08 01:23 AM
    Congrats rickyTO, have fun, enjoy.
    01-28-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD