Is there any chance of a BB with the Bold/Curve form factor that has a touchscreen coming out on CDMA anytime in the very near future? I plan to buy a new phone in August and that will make my decision of phone a little easier/harder, if you will. I am spoiled by a touchscreen and at this point can't give that up.

Thanks!
    06-19-09 10:17 AM
    Doubtful. id bet the storm will be the only touchscreen bb for a while.
    06-19-09 10:19 AM
    LAME! That's unfortunate. Man would they ever make a killing if they would catch up to that.
    06-19-09 10:19 AM
    God....go do search!!!

Hahahahaha!!! J/K Ame

RIM is rather limited in the touchscreen dept (Storm, Storm 2) and I doubt CDMA networks will see a touch/qwerty hybrid anytime soon. I'm sure that their developing all kinds of crazy stuff for next year though. There's rumors floating around about a GSM touch/qwerty device being released sometime in 2010. I think people nicknamed it the "Magnum", but don't quote me on that.

Anyhoo...welcome to CB!!! Its good to see someone that I know from another site come over here and make an appearance.
    06-19-09 11:12 AM
    *bows* Yes I stalked you here. On purpose. Because I wanna be stalkerish.

Anyway...yea that's totally disappointing that CDMA gets so little love from RIM. Oh well, maybe if I go with that Pre, by the time the BB of my dreams comes out my 12 months will be up and I can get full discount on a new phone.
    06-19-09 11:17 AM
    Lol...C'mere you! *gives Ame a big hug*

Make sure you get TEP on that Pre. A lot of people are claiming that it has some pretty major bugs.
    06-19-09 11:40 AM
    *hugs back, cops feel*

Yea I put TEP on EVERYTHING. Especially my husband's phone, if you will recall my history with that. I haven't needed it yet really on any of mine, thankfully. Though I did almost have to replace this centro because of TakePhone eating it alive.

I think one plus to my having to wait til August 1st is that maybe more info will be out, and the bug updates will be out by then.
    06-19-09 11:43 AM
    Ooooh...what's "TakePhone"? Bad app?
    06-22-09 01:17 PM
    Well it should be a good app, a lot of other Centro/Palm users love it. Nothing has ever done so much damage. It was like a virus on my phone to put it to you that way. It totally just ate the thing alive. I refuse to put it on anything again. It was supposedly to give you a better phone app with better records and contact management and a nice skin as well. Holy lord did it wreak havoc.
    06-22-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD