Hi All!

I have searched the Crackberry forums and Googled like crazy, but I can't get my handset to sync with Outlook 2007 (well almost).

My contacts will update, but not my calendar. Outlook pushes just fine.

I tried doing a one-way sync from the handset to Outlook, but nothing was updated.

I also tried reinstalling the Desktop Manager (V4.5.0.15), but still no luck.

I'm XP, and yes, this is through work. I was thinking there was something on the server end that was the problem, but if that was the case, it doesn't make sense to me that the contacts would sync both ways.

What I'd really like to know is whether or not there is an Outlook add-in...or even other software that I could try to make this work.

Thanks so much for your help
    08-15-08 11:44 AM
    Is your blackberry on BES? Are you trying to sync your contacts from your home computer to your work blackberry? If that's the case most likely it's not going to work. Most likely reason is that your work blackberry is configured to wirelessly sync with your contacts on your work email.

If you want to import your home contacts the easiest way to to export the contacts to a pst file and then import it to your work computer.
    08-15-08 12:11 PM
    Hi RR,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Rookie question, but how do I know if I'm on BES (my carrier - Telus - couldn't tell me).

No, this is my work laptop, and I'm connected via USB cable. I believe the only handset wireless is email.

Thanks!
    08-15-08 12:17 PM
    It could be that the address book wasn't configured to sync with outlook. Launch the Desktop Manager and click on Synchronize. Click on the configuration tab and then click on configure sync. Double check the address area and see if it's checked marked and set to sync with the outlook contacts.
    08-15-08 12:42 PM
    The problem is with handset pushing to the Calendar (not address book) although I did check to see that it was mapped correctly and it appears so.

Any other suggestions?
    08-15-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD