New to Blackberry! I'm so excited...I had to order a Pearl (8130 with Alltel) off of eBay because I decided 6 months into a two year contract that I missed having a smart phone. I'm no stranger to uploading themes and ringtones (right now I have the LG Scoop, but before that I had a Sidekick 3 with TMobile) but i'm a bit worried about the ease of use of a BB for me.

I can handle OTA downloads of themes/wallpapers and apps, but i'm a bit iffy on ringtones. I've had a hard time finding any that I like and I would love to make my own. I have a MacBook, so is there any program I can download to create ringtones for my Pearl on my computer? Also, do I have to hook it up via USB or could I send a ringtone OTA from my MacBook to my Pearl? (I hope that made sense, haha)

Also, I know you can delete the "welcome" video, languages and the preloaded wallpapers, but can you also delete some of the preloaded apps? I don't believe i'll be using ALL of them (not sure yet, but it would be nice to know ahead of time).

I already purchased a 2GB Micro SD card to store pictures and ringtones on. You can put wallpapers on it, correct? Just not themes and apps if I remember.

Sorry, this post was a bit all over the place, but I look forward to being a part of the CrackBerry community!!!
    08-17-08 08:48 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.
    Personally I would invest in a pos windoze laptop, just for syncing backing up and file manipulating, if it's an option, it's the way to fly. At this moment RIM and MAC don't play too well together.
    Ringtones you can get emailed from this site as an attachment or you can straight up download them to your phone.
    Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 09:16 AM
    Well I don't know about the mac thing but other than that you can find ringtones,apps(3)party apps also and there is a wall paper maker you can get here also if your bb from ebay comes with the dm deff back your stuff up like fonebrkr said and be sure to read the whole newbie section some good tips there and last but not least welcome to cb and to the best adiction

08-17-08 09:26 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.
    Personally I would invest in a pos windoze laptop, just for syncing backing up and file manipulating, if it's an option, it's the way to fly. At this moment RIM and MAC don't play too well together.
    Ringtones you can get emailed from this site as an attachment or you can straight up download them to your phone.
    Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice! I personally have a MacBook but my family has a PC so I suppose if I needed to I could just do things through their computer.
    08-17-08 09:28 AM
    Yea I guess it would be best also make sure you get to know the bb before you really start downloading and deleting in other words make the phone comfy for you

08-17-08 09:36 AM
    Yea I guess it would be best also make sure you get to know the bb before you really start downloading and deleting in other words make the phone comfy for you

Oh absolutely! I plan on spending some time playing with it (hopefully it will be here tomorrow since it's my day off!) and then once I get the basic hang of it, I will start downloading and deleting things.

Thank you!
    08-17-08 09:48 AM
    hello and welcome to cb keep it crackalackin
    08-18-08 10:09 AM
    i'm not familiar with the pearl but instead of deleting the stuff that it comes with that you don't think you'll use, on my curve i just "hide" each icon i don't use very often and that way if i ever do need to use it it's still right there (unless you have a memory issue and need the extra space)
    08-18-08 10:43 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB

08-18-08 07:57 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!
    08-19-08 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD