Hi all.
    I am a new owner of Curve 8330 (Verizon).

I have tons of questions, I'm searching around first as best I can and am starting to read guides here as well as help function on the BB.

But to start with I do have a question about deleting email from a mailbox account.
    I was able to smoothly sync my optonline.net email account to the BB, however, when I go to delete an email and I specifically choose to delete "On Mailbox and Handheld" the email is not getting deleted from my mailbox account, but it is from the BB.

I always thought I was somewhat ok in trying to figure out things technically, however, BB has put definetely me in my place and given me a good spankin
    But it's all good, process of learning, right
    09-09-08 11:32 AM
    Are you checking your email on Outlook or some other email service software? I THINK these will not be removed. All of my Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail accounts do get deleted. Then again...I've been wrong before.
    09-09-08 11:41 AM
    Oh, ok thanks. I just synched up my Hotmail (msn.com) address and emails do delete from the Hotmail MSN account.
    But it doesn't for my Optimum Online account (cable service)
    At least its working, just not with all email services.

thanks alot.
    09-09-08 12:43 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    09-09-08 01:28 PM
    Welcome
    I'm not familiar with your service provider for the email. But, make sure in that account you have you email set up for IMAP service instead of POP.
    09-09-08 04:51 PM
    Are you checking your email on Outlook or some other email service software? I THINK these will not be removed. All of my Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail accounts do get deleted. Then again...I've been wrong before.
    I think BlackBerryBob is on the right track. With it being cable ISP it sounds like it could be downloading it from their server to your PC. When you try to delete it from the BlackBerry it seems that it see's the ISP server as the inbox and thinks its gone, hence nothing to delete.
    09-09-08 04:58 PM
    I'm new to this and having the same issue as the poster. I choose the option delete from 'mailbox and handset' but then I go the actual email on the computer and everything is still there as if I only clicked delete from 'handset'. The email account I'm using is yahoo. Can some1 help me out please it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD