I am a two week "new" BB user. My much loved Audiovox 5600 (yes one of the original smartphones) died last week. I am an AT&T/Cingular customer.

After looking at the choices available, I settled on the Curve. I want a phone that has a great contact database and synchs to my outlook. What surprised me was loving the data capability. I original didn't want the data. Never had it before, didn't think I needed it now. But as a CEO of a small company, wow, it has been a lifesaver. That is the good news.

Truth be told though, the Curve is really big compared to what I am use to carrying before. My old phone was the size of the Pearl. I don't like shoving my phone into a purse, I want it in my pocket, and practically speaking, women's clothes guys just doesn't cut it on the pocket length and width.

So here is my dilemma. I have two weeks to decide, as I have a total of 30 days to exchange the phone

1) Keep the Curve and get up to speed faster on all the BB functionality (remember I have been always a Treo or Windows user)
    2) Get the Pearl for the smaller form factor. How hard is it to learn the SureType keyboard
    3) Go with the AT&T Tilt (or the Pantech Duo).

- I hate deleting twice email. If I delete something off my desktop computer, it does not delete it off the Curve. Don't like that.
    - Phone. Love the voice dialing, really smart.

Any feedback, I would appreciate.
    11-13-07 01:05 AM
    I would go for 1. Keep Curve and learn all you can about it. Also you can save money for some new Berry. Maybe 9XXX series...
    11-13-07 02:50 AM
    Welcome to CB....I love my curve does everything I need it to do and more.
    11-13-07 11:28 AM
    I am debating between the Tilt and the curve as well. I ended up buying the Tilt first, and though I love the functionality, customization, the plethora of hacks, roms and 3rd party apps... its still a bit more and too much for what I want.
    If your already complaining about the size of the curve, then the Tilt would not be a viable option, this thing is soo much heavier and bulkier than any of the other BB's. I love the phone, but I think its too much for what I want.
    11-13-07 01:18 PM
    thanks for the feedback. Today I would have thrown my Curve at someone. I can't open up any attachments. It just sits there. And when I tried to forward a saved message back to myself to print it, it says its went, but I didnt get it. Now I am wondering if my messages sent are even being received by anyone
    11-17-07 12:34 AM
    Welcome to the site. I would take the Pearl option. The SureType is very easy to use! I also prefer to keep my BB in my pocket. I have relatively small pockets in my jeans because I have a "small-er" waist (28"). The Pearl fits perfectly in my pockets. Just my 2 cents. It also fits very well in the cupholder in my car. I tried putting a friend's Curve in the cupholder, but it was just a tad bit too wide. (The Curve is still a GREAT device. So, you can't go wrong either way -- unless you get the Tilt.)
    11-18-07 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD