All-

New to the forum and to the world of BB. Just got my tour today and I am totally falling in love with the entire BB experience!

I read the booklet that came with it just to get some basics down and then I have been messing around with it almost all day and learning as I go. Couple of questions though...please don't laugh, like I said first time BB user:

1. I have downloaded the following apps: Yahoo Messenger, BB App world, Weatherbug, Opera Mini, and google maps. Not sure if I need anything else but would like some suggestions being as though I am very very new to the BB world.

2. Trying to figure out if you can have the current weather for your area be displayed on the front page of the BB instead of having to go into the downloads section?

3. I would like to rearrange my homescreen or front page whatever its called and not sure what people using put on there. I guess you are only allowed to have the 5 different categories and right now I have: Messages, BB Messages, Contacts, Calendar, Browser, Media? Should I swap something out or leave as is or what?

Thanks....sorry for the crazy questions....man I hope I learn how to work this BB relatively quickly!

Michael
    07-12-09 05:30 PM
    1. As far as us telling you what to download, it's really up to you and what you want to do. My advice: download everything that's free and try it out, if you don't like it, ditch it.

2. Highlight the icon for Weatherbug, use your BB Menu key and select "Move to Folder", then chose "Home". The icon is now on your Home screen.

3. Similar to #2, highlight any icon you have and chose "move" with the menu key, you can move stuff around however you want. How many icons on the screen will be defined by a theme, which is actually what I came here to look for when I saw your post. Good luck bub!
    07-12-09 05:53 PM
    Look forward to using the blackberry. I'm tired of windows mobile.
    07-12-09 09:09 PM
    I 2nd the "try the free apps first" reply. Then you can also try the free trials of things you may like. A lot of good stuff on here. I have Google maps like you but some other good ones are berrybuzz, bblight, espn launcher, etc etc etc. Have fun
    Last edited by rts3k; 07-13-09 at 09:41 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    07-13-09 09:40 PM
    I've been on Crackberry for a few weeks here, posted a little bit, but here's my official Greeting to all fellow BB users! My Tour should be delivered sometime later this morning or afternoon. Anyway, I'm sure i'll have a few questions as time goes on here......
    07-15-09 02:37 AM
    Don't forget to check out the blackberry 101 lecture series, it will get you up to speed in no time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 03:14 AM
    Look forward to using the blackberry. I'm tired of windows mobile.
    I also can't say i've ever been a fan of winmo phones. Fun to play with, but i never found it to be a great platform for a cell phone.
    07-15-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD