Unfortunately, some folks think that forums are a social outlet
    Oh wait isn't that what forum means?

Every forum is a bit cruel to noobs. This one seems a bit more so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 11:32 AM
    Unfortunately, some folks think that forums are a social outlet
    Oh wait isn't that what forum means?

Every forum is a bit cruel to noobs. This one seems a bit more so.

I actually don't find this forum to be cruel to new members. This is an old thread, and it's not very often that anyone posts a question here and gets a rude reply. Quite rare, actually.
    06-27-09 12:28 PM
    ...I think that better solutions would be to
    -make the search button/box larger and more visible.
    - or select a moderator that has the sole duty of merging duplicate threads.

The Search Button font was made larger and orange a few months ago. Mods don't merge threads because they merge chronologically and the combined result frequently makes no sense. If there is already a predominant thread on a topic, we may post a link to that thread and close the new one.
    06-27-09 01:48 PM
    I actually don't find this forum to be cruel to new members. This is an old thread, and it's not very often that anyone posts a question here and gets a rude reply. Quite rare, actually.
    You're right. I should rephrase from cruel to just cold... Sometimes.
    I have seen worse.
    Just seems a bit anti-social to greet a newbie with "there is a search, use it"
    Especially when it would take just as long to answer the question as it would to berate
    Search is frustrating at best sometimes, and I like the point that its a forum not an archive.
    But don't mind me, I am but a simple noob too :P

06-27-09 02:59 PM
    But don't mind me, I am but a simple noob too :P
    I'm with you - costs nothing to be civil.
    06-27-09 03:18 PM
    the issue isn't whether to post in a thread or not post..... but how many of the SAME threads get repeated.....

i can't tell you how many threads i have read in regards to:

YouTube
    "Where can i find cool Themes???"
    "Where can i find Wallpapers??"
    How do i get apps on my BB??
    What are the coolest/must have apps??
    What apps are free??
    What is OTA???

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddddd of COURSE we can not forget the GRAND DADDY of them all:

"Which is better.... the iPhone or the Bold??"..... OMG!!

Seriously,....... it's really getting out of control..... something NEEDS to change...

Its either people have some questions, or it is possible you dont have a life and continuously look for these "iphone or the bold...omg" questions. Act your age. You are NOT "OMG" ten years old, are you now "Billy"?
    06-27-09 03:42 PM
    I'm with you - costs nothing to be civil.
    I agree, however, just becareful what you say around here, Ive already been banned a couple of times for "insulting" some of these highly elevated pinatas on this forum.
    06-27-09 03:47 PM
    i wanna know why we always chastise the new people who only come to CB for help... If you don't wanna answer a questions 100 times, then don't respond, no one has a gun to your head
    Its because here at the CRACKBERRY FORUMS, these girls take these type of matters seriously, we all need to know that such things will NOT be tolerated, you see, they lose sleep over it. Some of these tools on here forget that its a forum, where mammals actually communicate regardless if its repetitive or not, therefore they have to regulate.

There is nothing more dangerous than some idiots who think they are smart.
    06-27-09 03:52 PM
    "Polite", "civil", "community" works both ways.
    06-27-09 03:58 PM
    I find it very hard to get expected search results. How do you enter text strings? The keyword field separates everything with OR's which is pretty useless.
    06-28-09 01:52 AM
    You can enter text strings using quotation marks. A search for text strings returns 24 results. A search for "text strings" returns 7 results.

I have also found it useful to use Google to search the forums. In a Google Search box, type "site: forums.crackberry.com search terms" This technique lets you search the CrackBerry Forums with the full power of Google.
    06-28-09 11:41 AM
    You can enter text strings using quotation marks. A search for text strings returns 24 results. A search for "text strings" returns 7 results.

I have also found it useful to use Google to search the forums. In a Google Search box, type "site: forums.crackberry.com search terms" This technique lets you search the CrackBerry Forums with the full power of Google.
    Thanks Jeff that's a great tip! I assume I'm to replace "search terms" in your string with my actual search terms, correct?
    06-28-09 01:17 PM
    Thanks Jeff that's a great tip! I assume I'm to replace "search terms" in your string with my actual search terms, correct?
    That's correct. Use the terms you are searching for.
    06-28-09 01:29 PM
    06-28-09 02:52 PM
    Lmao good stuff 2.FiF.
    06-28-09 03:58 PM
    LOL! That is so cute, i love it!
    06-29-09 09:02 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD