Hello All,

I got a new Blackberry Curve 8900 a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I love the size, the ultrasharp high-res screen, the keyboard is small yet very easy to type on; I can type quickly and accurately, the sound is awesome and the communications features are the best. I've been using the Curve 8900 to receive all my school/business/personal emails, chatted with my mom on her Blackberry Flip with BB messenger, uploaded pics on FLickr, updated my Facebook status, and I've used Googlemaps to find my way around Manhattan with it.

It's the Tmobile version, running 4.6 OS. I haven't gotten the 5.0OS yet, waiting to see how stable it is. Anyway, I got the Curve to replace a Blackberry Pearl 8120 that I'd bought at the beginning of Sept. I bought the 8120 at BestBuy and the weekend after buying it, it got lost. I was pretty distraught for awhile cuz that was my first Blackberry ever and I was instantly in love with it (for pretty much the same reasons above). But I lost all of my numbers, email addresses, etc. on that first blackberry *sniff* *sniff*.

Now I've got the curve and I'm absolutely addicted. It's been about two weeks now so far and I haven't had any problems and it's a blast to use. Crackberry.com is an awesome site and I hope to enjoy being integrated into the community here. You guys are awesome and some of the posts here (esp. the keyboard shortcuts and other tips/tricks) are fantastic.

Peace!
    10-03-09 02:42 AM
    welcome to CB!
    10-03-09 08:10 AM
    Congrats on your 8900 and welcome to Crackberry..

Here's a link to free OTA apps you can download from your BB browser..

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    10-03-09 08:13 AM
    Congrats and welcome. I am a newbie too and everyone here has been awesome. ? where did you find the shortcuts.
    10-03-09 08:15 AM
    there are tons of shortcuts.... check out the blackberry 101 section
    10-03-09 08:28 AM
    Found it TY so much!!
    10-03-09 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, and thanks for the helpful link Jancy10.
    10-03-09 08:56 AM
    Welcome to CB. I think you're just going to be more impressed as time goes on. No rush upgrading to a 5.0. When you're ready you'll find everything you need here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 09:20 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

I'll also add that you should get into the habit of backing up your device regularly using Desktop Manager so that way even if you do happen to lose your device again (or need to get a replacement for some reason) you will still have a backup of your phone numbers and stuff.
    10-03-09 10:48 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    10-03-09 05:32 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Glad you are addicted.

10-03-09 06:43 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

10-03-09 06:55 PM
    Welcome to crackberry...enjoy the 8900!!!!! they do rock
    10-03-09 07:23 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

I'll also add that you should get into the habit of backing up your device regularly using Desktop Manager so that way even if you do happen to lose your device again (or need to get a replacement for some reason) you will still have a backup of your phone numbers and stuff.

Hey thanks for the advice. I never thought of that but I think I'll definitely try to get into that habit. I'm usually so OCD about my wallet, keys, cellphone etc. And I check my pockets often. Oh well, lesson learned and thanks again for the advice.

10-03-09 07:43 PM
    Welcome To Crackberry.. and also welcome me to for the 1st post. haha
    10-08-09 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD