Hi Everyone,

I have had 3 8830 with sprint as my service provider, I just received a new one a week ago through insurance. Every once and a while it seems as though it goes into "sleep" (screen goes black) mode and I am unable to get it out... I press the power button on top, I press * send to get out of "lock mode" yet nothing works, what I end up having to do is take out the battery and put it back in... HUGE PAIN!

Does anyone know what may be going on or how to fix?

Thanks!
    10-16-08 04:13 PM
    Welcome to the CB family! I am sorry but.I haven't a clue someone w/more knowledge will be able to help youm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 05:34 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. It does sound like it is going to sleep, pressing one of the buttons on the top should wake it up. If not maybe you got a bad device.
    10-16-08 05:36 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    10-16-08 05:38 PM
    Welcome to the CB family! I am sorry but.I haven't a clue someone w/more knowledge will be able to help youm

I'm with you there fishcat!! Welcome to CB though and have fun!!

10-16-08 05:43 PM
    welcome to crackberry try hit the mute button
    10-16-08 05:45 PM
    Start off by checking the options (Options -->> Screen/Keyboard & Options ->> Security Options ->> General Settings)

Other than that, try JL_CMDER, then call insurance and let them know you received a DoA (Dead on Arrival)
    10-17-08 01:07 AM
    welcome to cb!
    10-18-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD