Well I've been a long time smartphone user, My most recent phones have been a Sprint HTC Hero, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch Pro, and iPhone, The Hero being the most recent.

Well all my friends have blackberries and have been trying to get me to switch but I was always reluctant due to the fact that I have been a touchscreen smartphone user for about 5 years now or so. Well my company recently (last week) told me we are switching from Sprint back to T-Mobile after only a year of their service, which angered me a little since I had recently bought the Hero.

Well on to the Crackberry goodness, I decided to get the Bold 9700, it should be in Monday and I should have service between then and Wednesday (whenever I pick the phone up from the office).

I've been lerking this forum for a few days now, reading as much as possible and I'm quite excited to get this phone. I'm hoping I really like it, only thing that has me worried is the lack of a touch screen. I've been looking forward to the supposed Magnum for quite some time but the 9700 might become an addiction.

Sorry for the long story but I'm here now and hopefully here to stay haha.
    11-27-09 09:34 PM
    No Crackberry love for me. =(
    11-28-09 02:19 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    Glad your becoming one of us.
    11-28-09 02:23 PM
    We'll see if the whole transformation comes.

I've been waiting for the Magnum/Dakota 9900 to come out for me to switch, but I guess for now the 9700 will have to do.
    11-28-09 09:37 PM
    Welcome. Don't sweat the touchscreen. I used to use a lot of Treos and HTCs, and also didn't want to give up the touchscreen, but I haven't missed it one bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 12:29 AM
    Hopefully I end up the same way.

Having a touchscreen for about 5 or so years straight might be a hard habit to break though haha.
    11-30-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD